chapter 23

We walked and walked holding hands, talking shit, making fun of other couples. For a second I forgot I am a professor.  Naina laughed loudly catching everyone's attention including mine. Pulling her towards me I held my hand against her mouth. It's been 3 weeks since my arrival here. I learned how to relax .

"Have you talked with kainat?." She asked me.

Yes. But no.

" No. What happened?." I asked her.

" Strangely she doesn't talk about her boyfriend. It's like a sudden switch in her." She spoke while I remained silent. Should I tell her or not? Kainat deserves her sisters support.

"A month ago, Kainat came to my house with red eyes. She told me they had problems and she decided to break things off. Apparently, he was asked to go abroad for higher studies but with a condition." I said as Naina looked at me wide eyed.

" What is it?." Naina asked me.

" They want him to get engaged or married if he's willing before joining any college ." I said to which Naina's anger flared up. 

" It is stupid of them to push their opinion and most disgusting to hear that he's blindly following them while being with my sister." She shouted with anger.

" No. He's not engaged to anyone else Naina. Your sister is angry on same reason. To which he suggested her to come abroad and study. As it will be easy to get married after their post grad. I dont know how that can be possible considering he did not inform him father about their love. I mean I don't know even kai is not sure who knows about their love in his family. That night Kai told me he broke things off with her.  I haven't spoken with her but suggested her to go out, explore new places and if she is capable to secure a seat at university, I don't think she needs to prove herself to anyone in future and maybe earn well too." I spoke looking at Naina. She got emotional and hugged me.

" i have not been a good sister to her but I am glad she is confiding in someone. She should definitely go out of India. Work, explore new lifestyle. Life is not all about getting married and finding boyfriends or being too serious about taking responsibility of family." She said lost in her thoughts.

I remained silent. I will never know about siblings relationship but if I have to say something about it, I should credit kainat for playing that role. She is 10years younger to me which caused to be overprotective about her. Someday, when I have kids with Naina I will get to see all the bickering and love between our kids.

Wait.

Kids?

" What are you thinking?." She asked me.

" Kids." I mindlessly blurted out to which she just blushed.

"You are leaving tomorrow, I don't want you to go so early. When will we meet again? I will miss laying beside you.  Should I just come back? I mean my sister will find a way to pay her fee off. Won't she??" Naina talked holding my hand.

" My flight is tomorrow midnight Naina. I will stick by your side whole time ok? Let's go home." I said pulling her with me. We have been to hot springs, different waterfalls, endless picnics and many romantic dates. Silently I fulfilled all the fantasies of dating life she wanted.

***

"You can't just blindfold me." Shouted kicking my leg. I chuckled looking at her. Do I want to surprise her? Yes. Am I nervous? Very much. 

"Open your eyes." I said to which she gasped. I decorated her spare room while she was taking bath. Just the way she always wanted. As Naina moved around to admire flowers I have arranged with racing heart, I got down on one knee.