Chapter 02

"Arranged?." I asked.

"Yes. " She replied.

One thing I understood from my life is people I love never stay close to me and today i can clearly declare that I love the woman who is sitting infront inviting me for her wedding. Kainat looked at her sister and me before walking out of my house silently. Somehow she understood I needed to see her face one last time before she becomes someone else's wife forever. Naina smiled slightly while explaining how she's going abroad after marriage and what all courses she is going to do to secure job there along with her husband who is already working there.

" Do you talk with him.? " I questioned .

" We met two times ,once during his arrival in India and second time during Roka ceremony. he's supportive ." She spoke fidgeting with her fingers.

Liar.

"If you are happy then I am very glad to know! I will definitely come to your wedding. Do let me know if you need any kind of help! Not only for your wedding but also abroad. By the way where will you be settling after marriage?." I asked.

" Germany." She replied. Nodding my head I said ok. Naina smiled before she left me alone. Looking at her wedding card, I laughed. What more I will expect? She is five years younger to me. With that kind of family she should have been married at the age of 10. I am glad they atleast let her complete graduation , attempt few exams to go abroad.

Looking at the name of her future husband, I laughed loudly. God! This has to be the most painful day for me. He is my school friend! I hope I am not wrong and I know he will not remember as I never came under 'IT' category of students. Always camouflaged myself between books to avoid humans. My habit of not presenting myself confidently made people think I am gay.

Days passed with people in my building preparing for her marriage. Every single person is involved except me who never cared to ask her or kainat if they need help. Staying on top most floor with no one around me gives peace I need the most. As an introverted person , I am glad I never tried to talk with anyone. My parents are proud and ashamed of me now i guess.

Ding dong!

I sighed. Knew this day will come...

" Hi beta! How are you?." I saw Naina's mom greeting me extra sweetly.

What now?

" Yes aunty?." I asked her.

" Are you busy beta? I hope I am not disturbing you?." She asked me extra extra sweetly.

" Yes you are." I replied looking irritated. I have seen this woman may be twice hardly in almost ten years of my stay but her shrill voice always pierces my ears whenever she fights.

" Beta , that big car downstairs is yours?." She questioned.

" It is called Scorpio aunty." I corrected her.

" Yes yes . Can you give us your car? I mean help us driving? Since no one has big car we need yours. " She said patting my cheek.

" I will send driver for that aunty. For what reason you may need it?." I asked her even though I know it's for marriage. If they are going to load my car with luggages , I am not interested.

" Actually beta , Groom is going to reach there in big car. They demanded we also get our Naina in big car . So we are asking your help. " She spoke . Naina is going to venue in my car?!

" Today aunty? Ring my door bell I will come down whenever you want me to. " I said holding my breath.

" It is around 5 in the evening beta. Wedding is at midnight. We have big reception. You can have food too." She spoke in fake concern.

What is wrong with this woman? She loves big word.

" I will be there downstairs by 3pm." I said closing my door. I have half an hour to gather myself .

Dumping my body on floor, I looked at wedding invitation. She atleast deserves a good send off from me. I did not dare to look at her face when I know she has been asked to compromise every single thing. My ass moved to prepare my mind .

" Naina, it is too late for me to confess but I hope you decide to back off from this toxic traits."

*****************************
Please vote comment and share my story!

Do follow me for more updates.