chapter 14

I looked at her again. I should say, my life is going pretty fucked up right now. Whatever trust, confidence, ease I had with her just got erased in a minute by her Statement other day. You can't say sorry everytime you fuck up. We are not teens anymore. I was rude for a reason, if it's Kainat she would definitely understand why I said it. I don't regret it at all. Naina smiled looking at an apple before putting it back in place. It's been more than 2 weeks, I avoided her by all means. My heart wanted her but my mind warned me to stay away from people who still don't understand what is wrong for them.

" You know , I could complain about you but since my sister does same I can't." I heard Kainat speaking up.

" Does she?." I ask her.

" Its Diwali bro. Festival of lights. Talk with her." She said crossing her hands.

" What does festival of lights has to do with me talking with her?." I questioned buying my groceries.

" Listen, I don't like normal ones. Buy sweet chilli." Kai suggested .

" Pay for it then. Stop eating my groceries. It's been 10 years you never stop this habit of yours. " I scolded making her pout.

" I thought you buy all this for me." She commented.

" Well I do. Stop pestering me. Go. " I said not looking at her.

" When did I pester you?." I heard her voice.

Turning around I saw kai leaving us two alone to talk with her friend . She didn't realise that naina was standing beside me.

" You didn't reply." She stressed .

Looking at her again, I kept mum. It's better to stay quiet than talk shit about something you can't control . Naina held my hand and pulled me with her out of the store. People looked at us weirdly most of them are CCTVs of our building. Kai just winked at me before taking both of our carts to billing section.

Wait . Does that kid has enough money to buy those?

Naina made us walk through a park before reaching its end. I didn't want to come with her but the way she stood for what she wants made me smile. Changes do takes place but not everyday I guess.

" Why are so silent rishabh ?" She asked me. I just shrugged my shoulders.

" I agree my parents are at fault too. Technically they have to suffer too. Don't you think they are ? Looking at me like this? ". She spoke.

What happened to her now? She is happy . What else they want?.

" They want me to marry again. Apparently some guy came home . He saw me in metro, knows one of my colleagues. " She spoke. My blood boiled hearing her.

Metro? Marriage? What is wrong with society? Let this woman breathe .

" Why are you not reacting? Don't you care? Don't you wanna know what I want to do? " She spoke restlessness clearly visible in her tone.

I shook my head turning away from her. It is of no use when she cannot stand for herself. What's the point of letting me know? I am a human diary to her from who she doesn't expect anything.

" If you are this silent . I will marry him. You don't care right? I bet you won't when I marry him, when I give him permission to hold my hand." She said. Something in me twitched . I turned around narrowed my eyes daring her to speak any further. Why can't she understand that I can't take ! Her 1st marriage itself broke me apart, I couldn't control my anxiety attacks. Those were the times I was not even on speaking terms . Now that I know her , spent few months, unknowingly gave my heart to her .

Wait..
Heart? Did I say that loud in my head?

" To hold me, probably do some A rated stuff too . What do you think? I can take that chance? Coz I think he cares . Don't you feel it?." She questioned . That ticked me off.

"What do you mean by that? I don't care? What do you think of yourself Naina? I am a man ! Not some non living thing. You came out of toxic marriage just now. Get some sense! " I shouted at her.

"What is wrong in that? I do like to settle! Am a woman! My biological clock is ticking too! I want to have kids, a family, importantly someone who loves only me , who is invested in my life apart from him own." She said crossing her hands on her chest. For a fraction of second my mind deviated .

"Do you want all that from him?." I asked her controlling my anger.

"Do you want me to sit and cry for what happened?."She questioned me back. I did not respond because that's what I have been doing since the time my parents left me.

"If you are this silent then I assume you want me to go ahead. After all you always said I need to stand for myself. " She said walking backwards.

"You will do no such thing!." I shouted looking at her . She stopped in her tracks, asking me why.

"You belong to me. No man will touch you other than me. I dare you even say yes to see him Naina. If you biological clock is fucking ticking so fast then I think we should concentrate on initiating the process of baby making this instance." I whispered standing extremely close to her. She squirmed under my gaze. I knew her well, fidgeting with her fingers she took one step back.

"I think we need to go home. " She suggested.

"Yours or mine?." I asked her.

"What do you say?." She questioned me. For a moment I wanted her to drag to my house and make Naina mine. Inching close to her, I took her face in my hands. She looked into my eyes reading me like an open book.

"You need to follow what you preach Rishabh." She said .

I chuckled. Yes I do. Never dared to voice out my love for her thinking she will leave me too. When she did, I was angry on her stupid decision. If only I dared to confess my feelings, stood for what I want she wouldn't be going through so much. Maybe I should suffer too?

Bringing my face close to hers, she slowly kissed me. My body reacted in a very positive manner. Holding her lower lip between mine I kissed her. It is like long lost lovers came back together. Few minutes into our kiss, it turned out to be extremely hot. We both were slowly losing control over ourselves. Pulling back from our kiss I asked most stupidest thing.

"I can kiss you right?."

She held my collar, looked at me weirdly before smiling a bit. Pecking me one more time she looked my eyes . Her brown orbs twinkled, now her face is at peace all this frown lines evened out replaced by her smile.

"Love you. "She confessed. My heart skipped a beat making me gasp. No one ever said this except my parents.

"I don't want you to confess back. The day you talked with me in car, I realised how much you care about me, how well you know me. We never interacted much but you were there when no one was. I know this seems like rebound to you but your little gestures made an big impact on me. Love you is a small term to express about how I feel about you. " She said.

I stood shook with the emotions running in my body. 30 years of my life ,I never experienced these kind of emotions!

Am I getting old or this is how you feel when the person you loved for so many years confesses?

*********************
Please do vote comment and share my story!

Until next time :)(: