Chapter 04

Best acting awards for different categories in iffa , Oscar's should be given to people who attended this wedding.  Kainat looked at me seriously like I am going to say something.

"Don't you have to stay with your sister?." I asked her.

"Unmarried not allowed near her. " she replied.

"Can't believe you have such relatives. " I said pointing my glass at different humans.

She shrugged her shoulders looking away. Naina sat with her husband with straight face. These idiots canceled reception as his flight got preponed.  Preponed my foot! Who will pay for the losses? How can they grab the only opportunity for her friends to talk with her?

He is Restless to fuck her!

Controlling my anger, I walked towards uncle who looked stressed out.

"Uncle? Rishab . What happened?." I asked him.

"Beta,  they want 8 seater car now but I booked only 4 seater. I won't get my advance nor I will be able to afford new ones. I took loan beta. Reception is also canceled now. " He said with sweat coating his forehead. I looked at Naina who was worried as well. If asks me to take her away I will. But I can't force my decision on her. She should be intelligent enough to decide if she wants to still sit there or not at this point.

"Uncle give me showroom details.  I will see what I can do. " I said looking away from her. If I can't have her, I will atleast make sure she is having whatever they demanded to live peacefully. Going out in my car, I reached there only to find out one of my students father is sitting.

"Hello Rishab here, can I talk with you?." I asked looking at him.

Realization dawned upon him, immediately greeting me he explained how company policy works.

"Sir you can choose higher version from same company. Currently 8 seaters are not good in this one. " He suggested. Asking him for booklet going around the showroom and looking at different ones I decided to take whatever is available from my company her dad chose. If they hate it, let those assholes buy fucking plane for themselves.

" Sir this will be good but at present we don't have any offers . You will be needing to pay extra advance sir. " He said. Taking out my card I handed it over getting uncle name on the papers.

Thanking him. I returned back only to see that all the rituals are ending. Getting uncle from the crowd, I explained to him that I adjusted the money for new one and he shouldn't worry. Not questioning me a bit, he cried hugging me. In that moment I understood his tension, amount of pain he is going through to make his daughter happy.

But is this happiness?

Naina is married now. She looked tired, her asshole husband was more than excited to have her. I felt numb. The girl I have been seeing since teenage is no longer going to stay in same building. I won't be seeing her face nor hear her voice. My eyes swelled up looking at her, I never had to ask her phone number but now I regret not having it. Introvert being introvert.

"Beta? Can you drop them at home?." Uncle asked me pointing towards Naina and her new husband .

"Uncle I called my driver , he will. " I replied walking out of the venue. There is only so much that I can take. All my life I lost people, in her case she is alive but not for my eyes. I do not wish to allow myself to interfere in her life anymore. It won't matter if she is happy or not, it is her choice. Her suffering is evitable looking at the way her family is forcing her.  Until she reaches that break point, her mind won't function properly.

"Risabh! Naina is calling you! Come fast before her in laws take her away. "I heard kai running behind me.  For a second I stood with her looking puzzled. Who am I to her?

"Risabh! I .. I would like to keep in touch with you. I know this is absurd but please can you share your contact with me? I could have asked Kai but I want you to know that I treasure you." She said holding my hand. 

Me?

What kind of gesture is this?

"I.. me? I mean you never.." I trailed a bit shocked.

"Di I will forward you his number! You shouldn't be seen with him!" Kai spoke pulling her away.

"Risabh,  I always admired you and your thoughts. Out of all the people I know you are the only one who could guide me properly. Will you be my friend?." She questioned ignoring her sister.

"I always have been. " I replied smiling at her. With tears in her eyes she came to me and hugged for a brief moment before returning back to her in laws. What made her ask this question? After our intense conversation in my car, I thought she will hate my guts. What I couldn't understand is what guidance I will give her? I am not qualified in her profession nor I have wide network to help her out financially.

Feeling warmth spread over me,  I traveled back to my home in an auto. Suddenly I felt empty, my early morning trip downstairs to collect milk so that I can hear her voice or look at her is going to be meaningless. Her random sweet voice when she starts singing during cozy nights will be missed more than her physical presence.  The way she keeps on fidgeting to avoid nervousness get hold of her is something I enjoy looking at.

I may not have gone on a date with her nor spent quality time talking except today in my car but I made sure to support her silently when she had fights with her family. My introverted ass never imagined that a girl like her would like to consider me as a friend.  Well something is better than nothing.

******************************
Please vote comment and share my story!

Do follow for more updates.