chapter 06

If only...

If only I asked her how she is doing. She called me her friend. Took my contact assuming I will stand for her. What did I do? I let her suffer because she chose wrong things , she was selfish to think about her parents instead of me. Why will she even consider me when naina doesn't know how much I adore her!

Taking my phone, I searched for her contact. Looking at her display picture I smiled. She looked calm gazing at a leaf in her hands.

'Hi'

I texted seeing that she is online. She immediately saw my message but did not reply. God knows what is happening there ! I regret leaving choice in her hands that day. I should have confessed how important she is to me. Surprisingly, she never texted after naina specifically asking for my number.  My mind raced thinking what kind of abuses she is going through. 

'Hi.' She replied after few minutes. What will I ask her now without offending?

'Hope everything is OK? How are you?'I texted her back with sweat forming on back of my head. What will she say? Should I tell her that kainat told me everything? Many questions raced through my mind. For the first time, I suffered something similar to panic attack. She just me a smiley before going offline. Sitting in my chair with papers around me I wished, I earned enough money to meet her and bring naina back here to my house where she belongs. Respect for her level of commitment but it's complete bullshit to tolerate something like this.

Fixing my clothes, I locked my doors walking to her house. If not now when will I stand for her? I will try to fix the situation even though it's late for her.

"Namaste uncle!." I greeted his father who had confusion written all over his face. Kainat face was red as if she is cried after leaving my home. Her mother had stern face trying to make me nervous.

Foolish family 

"Do you need anything?." Her mom asked .

"No. Uncle I need to talk with you in private , if you are free ?." I spoke with him . Suddenly her mom stormed towards me and slapped me hard right on. I did not flinch, Kainat ran towards me with tears in her eyes. She was sobbing at this point.  Her father had pained expression on him. Standing up from my seat , I silently walked towards her mom who was scared looking at me up close.

" How dare you come home? We will not let Kainat marry you! You are a pervert who lures girls !." She accused me .

" With due respect mam, I do not wish to marry Kainat. She is like a sister to me. Surprisingly,  I don't understand how can you just blame me for things I never thought of? You send her to college, there are male kids who sit with her, eat lunch with her,  male canteen staff who give her food and even professors like me who teach her , do you think everyone wants to marry her or just lure her for their own pleasure?" I questioned her .

"Beta, I am sorry for the act She pulled on you.  I am forever grateful for the help you have done. I do not think of you like that." I turned towards uncle to see him speak with pained voice.

" I came here to talk about your elder daughter Naina." I said looking at her mom's face.

" What about her? She is married off. Living well with her new family. If there is any trouble I am sure she is big enough to handle herself rather than talk with us or YOU." She spoke rudely.

There goes her attitude!

Thinking it is of no use, I gestured my hand asking uncle to walk with me.  He stood from his chair and followed me to my home silently. 

"Uncle,  I don't know if Naina is talking with you or not.  But your son in law is in relationship with some other girl back in Germany. He only married her because of pressure from him family. He gives her money to eat and stay. His family knows about this ,they use her for household works. One of my common friends gave me this news , I wish I could help you by going there uncle but I am middle class man. If you want your child back before you loose her permanently, I can arrange her return as well as help her get divorce from that toxic relationship. " I spoke directly without any hesitation.

" But beta , she never mentioned any of this." He replied with shock evident on his face.

" Uncle the problem in your household is that you think you give enough freedom to your daughters and provide whatever they want but the real freedom lies in them approaching you freely , expecting you to understand why they took certain decisions as well as wanting to have answers about why you are considering their choice or decisions . It shouldn't be one way traffic uncle. Be mature enough , I know aunty is uptight about many things if you follow her then you will have your daughters in your life but you will never be there in their lives." I said making him understand .

With tears in his eyes, he realised Naina threw her parents out of her life silently. With shaking hands he took out his phone looked at her picture and cried . I did not interrupt his emotional outburst,  one can clearly see that he never wanted her to go so far. Wiping his tears, he called her .

"Hello papa?." I heard her groggy voice.  My house is too silent for me to hear her side of conversation,  keeping mum I felt relief wash over me.

" Beta, are you sleeping?" Uncle asked her.

" Yeah, I dozed off . Is everything ok? You called me in middle of the night. " She enquired.

" Yes yes,  I just wanted to listen to your voice. " He said with lone tear slipping from his eyes.

" Papa, how are you?." She asked him.

" Beta, what did you aspire to be? What were your plans after graduation?." He questioned her.

"Papa? What happened? Are you crying?." She spoke from other end.

" Tell me Naina." He asked her again.

" Papa, I wanted to join masters. Pursue my other interests like sketching and painting. I wanted to learn car driving , go for trekking. " She said while sobbing.

" Beta, come back home. Do all that you want. You don't need to sit there and suffer . You are not a slave to ask money for basic living . Come back home my dear child." He said crying loudly. I could hear her sobbing too. I did not interrupt their conversation for whole 15 min where she told him how her husband never registered their marriage in Germany,  how he sleeps with other girl in their house while she is asked to adjust on couch. It's been more than a year , his family forces to her stay quiet and work as she's taking money to live. Uncle listened to her silently nodding his head at the same time crying for his child.

" Rishabh, he told me Naina, I would never be able to talk with you like this . He made me understand Beta. You should ask for his help , he said he is willing to do anything for you ." Uncle said . I did not hear after that as I left them alone to speak, what I heard is enough.  Searching through my contacts I called one of my college friends who is working in Germany explaining it to him the problem.

" It will take almost 15hrs for me to travel to her place Rishabh but I promise you don't have to worry about her safety.  I will book tickets right away ask her to pack whatever she can. My girlfriend will accompany me rishabh , is it OK?." He asked me.

" Of course, she will feel easy to talk with her . Thanks a lot man. I owe you so much ." I said feeling relieved .

" We are bros for life mate! You hardly ask for help and when you do I am sure it means this girl is very important to you. " He replied. Confirming his details I turned back to see uncle sitting there lost in his thoughts. 

" Uncle,  one of my friends has agreed to pick her up.  It will take 15hrs for him to reach Nainas place along with his girlfriend.  She will stay with him until she gets her visa cleared. I will see that she is at safe place. Do not worry about her. My friend lives with his girlfriend so you don't have to worry." I informed him. Still in daze he nodded his head getting up from his place. Walking back to his home , he looked at me and smiled . A smile which indicates that he is relieved to know about his daughters state.

**************************
Please vote comment and share my story !.