chapter 07

We all live in a bubble where we feel it is most protected way to stay alive unaffected by outside world . Only a single painful touch will burst this very bubble suddenly exposing us to harsh realities. The very beautiful flowers from the closed protected space is now seen emitting poison rich enough to kill our sanity. This is what happened with Naina's parents , they went from proud arrogant parents to calm broken ones. Naina did not talk with them again, she messaged me thanking for the help and once appeared in video call made by my friend. Staying at his place she joined an art class there . Since her husband took her on dependant visa , he needed to sign documents and verify things which is taking a lot of time.

Until then she can still attend classes, live a life where no one will grant her freedom. Not to burden my friend , I sent him enough money for her to live peacefully but naina being extremely cautious person started a YouTube channel where she picked up earning quite some money which she contributes to my friend for helping her . It's been five months and I can see her smiling each day through video call. We both message each other about various things but never talk directly. If she is comfortable in that way I am more than happy for her.

Her parents on the other hand filed divorce from him stating he cheated on her. Court has asked him to pay compensation in Indian currency and issued summon as soon as visa is granted to both of them. I still don't understand how did he manage to show her as dependant while not registering his marriage there. My friend has been talking with lawyers there to help her leave that country safely without any kind of issue from her husband's side.

'Are you awake?'

I saw her message, looking at the time I opened her message.

'Yeah' I replied.

'Can I ask you for a favor?' She replied.

'Anything anytime.'I replied back.

'Can you come here ? To take me home?' She texted me with nervous emojis.

' Come where? Where are you?' I questioned her. No reply from her. Maybe she is out for drinks?

'Where are you? Aren't you going to be my knight in shining Armour?? Save me from this world ! Huh? Huh?' I received her message. 

'You should go home Naina. I am not there to accompany you. ' I replied.

'Home? You know what home is called ? You knowwww??' She asked me.

Not replying her is the only solution.  I am concerned for her but a part of me knows she might have gone with people she trusts more to lose herself. 

'Home is where my heart lies , you should search mine at your house. Take me back personally and give it to me!' She messaged me after pregnant pause.

My phone slipped from my hand looking at it.  I lost count of marks I should give to my student . Does she mean it? Or she is just attracted to me as I am helping her? I waited for her to message me for days , there was nothing from her side. Kainat informed me about her sister getting visa ahead of her husband,  a news which I should get before anyone else but I understood her awkwardness.  My friend helped her to book tickets , get her luggage packed properly as she vowed never go leave her birth place again. Days passed , I took her family in my car to airport to pick up naina who travelled almost half the globe to reach here. Her way of saving money costed her precious hours.  I am sure she will be dead tired by the time we reach her.

" Are you nervous?." Kainat questioned me as I stood away from her family. No matter how they behave with her I still hate them for guilty tripping their daughter in every single fucking issue.

" What about you?" I questioned her back.

" I won't answer until you do along with why?." She spoke smirking my way.

" Really? What did Dakshant see in you? A clown for his personal entertainment? You clearly are stuck at that 8yr mark of your life." I replied looking at her.

" He saw more than you know and of course won't know! ." She blurted put loudly.

" What do you mean?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

" You shouldn't and can't know! Come one Rishabh! You are always serious about us!." She whined.

" Because I know how kids that age think, behave and do." I spoke calmly looking around hoping no one heard our conversation. 

"Naina!". I heard her mom shout loudly. We both turned back to look at her.

There she is! In light orange shirt with ripped jeans. An attire I never expected to see her in.  Kainat whistled standing beside me.

"I like this look. " She said walking with me.

Naina searched for someone instead of walking to her parents. Kainat wondered loudly about her sister not giving a fuck. But I understood whom she wants to me. One glance and my eyes watered seeing her accepting herself, being confident in her stride .

Happy tears .

That's what I call them when I look at her smiling so widely at me. At this moment I knew I don't need anyone's care or even oxygen to stay alive.

She's here!

Swiftly moving from my place I reached where she is standing talking with her parents. If I knew I would be given second chance in my life then I would have moulded myself in completely different way. Giving a final glance she excused herself from her parents and stood before me.

Breathtaking!

I was never a man of words nor she a woman of words ! What am I saying ? Nervousness creeped through my body like a poison which I couldn't stop nor find anecdote. She smiled slightly looking into my eyes and in that moment my heart stopped.

Is it possible after all these years?

Her sister dragged her away while her family asked politely to move along. Her head turned towards me with a smile , while her hands clamed together in nervousness, a habit she could never let go of.

Starting my car, I adjusted my mirror to look at her but all I could get was her shoulder. Shiver ran through my spine thinking about all the forbidden thoughts. Kainat was loudest among us asking her sister all absurd questions like if they wipe their butt with tissue paper or use jet spray . She smiled not giving her an answer. Her mom commented how Naina's ripped jeans will cause havoc at their apartment .

" There much more important things they can comment on.  Like how I am not virgin anymore." Naina gave answer which shocked all of us. Especially me. Everyone gasped while I held my steering tight. 

Did he take advantage of her or she willingly accepted to do it?

Why am I so frustrated about this fact??

" What are you talking about ??!!! Who will marry you now! Oh my God! I did not think of it! You are married of course you are entitled to do the deed but now everyone knows he cheated on you and they will know you are not virgin!." Her mom panicked wailing loudly.

" Do I care?." Naina spoke looking away from her mom.  Uncle was silent all along listening to the battering . Sitting beside me he showed no emotion except holding his hands nervously a habit his daughter inherited without a doubt.

" Pammi. I don't care what people think.  I got my child back . If you have problem like others I suggest you stay away from her life and decisions related to it.  She is capable enough to think what she wants and how she wants to live. " Finally uncle spoke holding his hands firmly.

Do I see a change here or this is just an act?

*************************
Please vote comment and share my story!