chapter 12

If I was asked to chose between traveling in a car or going by walk I would chose walking.  No matter how big the car is,  my anxiety kicked in the moment I sat down. No one knows about my condition,  my friends might understand me but I wish to handle it myself.  Naina joined Anish 's girlfriend,  I am left alone with his cousins who couldn't stop bickering about some bts band, people now a days are more interested in background of the artist rather than their music.  Not to insult someone,  when you are playing music just shut your mouth and listen to it !

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Hey! I am sorry dude.  My mom and aunt will shift to your car at next stop. You can join us and Naina. " He stressed last word . I disconnected it. Next stop is after 60km there's only jungle on all sides along with my increasing anxiety. If Naina likes Verma so much maybe I shouldn't disturb their ride together.  She gets angry if I don't respond and upset if I do.  Naina has problem with both of my split personalities. I laughed at myself.  After painful hours of being alone , I was asked to sit between Naina and some girl who kept on giggling at me.

" Hi I am from Delhi too. Rosy 26years old , interior designer. " She introduced herself in a weird way.

" It would have been nice if I was a matrimonial website. Maybe you could find someone." I replied to which everyone laughed out so loudly that they couldn't stop it for hrs. Blame it on 2 pints of beer I had during my journey with hormonal teenagers. Plus I don't want naina to think I am into every girl i see.

" You saved yourself there. " Naina whispered in my ear chuckling a bit.

Yes I did.

" Only for you. " I replied back to her.  Groaning at my verbal diarrhea I slept keeping my face in my hands. It's best to just shut the fuck up. Naina nudged me slowly when we reached our destination. I was too sleepy to enjoy nature .

" Why did you drink so much?." She questioned  giving me medication for my unbearable headache. It's not about alcohol I drank but the horrible journey I had till here. Rosy kept on hitting on me as if I have written to-let on my forehead. My sense of humor is quite good today.

" Hey ! You go with rosy and naina ." Anish instructed making me groan. I wanted some alone with Naina now rosy is going to poke her organs between us. Naina had sour face but did not say a word . Rosy on other hand clinged to my elbow making herself very comfortable. 

" So you are a professor ? ." She asked me.

" Yes." I replied looking at Naina who put her laser eyes on my elbow.

" Why a teacher?." Rosy questioned.

" To teach?." I asked her back.

" You are so funny! Anyway someday let's meet in Delhi! We will have some coffee, spend some time to know each other. " She giggled again making me groan. Naina stomped on my foot pushing me aside which caused Rosy to loose her balance.

What's wrong with her today?

Women needs to address her problems

" Oh my! Naina be careful !" I shouted holding Rosy's bleeding elbow. She did not even turn around to look at us. Washing her wound , I helped her up . Soon our trek started Rosy kept on holding my hand and I finally let her have it.  As soon as I am out of this forest , I will leave every single person alone .

" How's your trek going man?." The idiot who set me up smiled like a princess.

" No where.  Thanks to you. " I replied pushing him away.

" Got it got it! I will take Rosy away will you talk with Naina then?." He asked me.

What? No!

" I don't have mood Anish leave me alone." I said picking up sticking on my way.

" Why are you picking up dry sticks?." He asked me

" What do you want?? Leave me alone!." I shouted turning around. Seeing Naina with him I groaned again.

" Umm. Ok. Sorry." She said looking away.

" Naina. I am leaving this grumpy old man. Stay with him and make sure you bring him to our camp ok? Your guide will stay a bit far from you guys. " He said leaving us alone.

Naina looked around , sitting on a stone she just hummed a tune. After whole five minutes she walked back to me held my hand .

" I don't like it when someone holds your hand or pats your chest or shoulder or anything. It doesn't sit well with me. " She said looking at me.

What did she just say????

" Come . Let's go " She said walking away. I was silent . Yes I love her but does she love me ? If she does , will she ever realise ? Or is this that rebound phase ?

" Hey! Finally! You both reached us!." My friend shouted over his lungs .I couldn't think of anything else expect her leaving me for reasons I never imagined I will think about. Naina just confessed that she kinda likes me and what am I doing ?

I should either be calm or behave like before or express what I feel towards her sincerely.  My nerves were going mad with unnecessary stress.

" You look tensed. Are you comfortable?." I heard her angelic voice whisper in my ears with concern etched on her face.

In that moment, I realised , it's not about loving someone for years. It is about finding the calmness among all these chaos,  just by their presence around you.  I smiled assuring her it's ok. Relieved with my response she kept on holding my hands in her even while conversing with her friends. I didn't mind sitting away from my own as I don't know how moody she can be tomorrow.

" Are you guys in relationship?." I heard Shweta asking me while taking her place beside me. Naina turned around as her danger radar was switched on immediately. She looked at me as if challenging me to say something.

" Sort of?". I smiled back at Naina who had satisfied expression .

" She sure loves you a lot. I mean , I won't be able to control so much if someone hits on me! I should say this scratch will be memorable for me ." She commented to which Naina just squeezed my hand.

Naina sees me as strongest person she ever met but deep down the amount of insecurities I have are no less than hers. She is alone even though she has so many people around her and I am too with no one to even look after me. Raising by myself , I knew time like this will come when I will fall for a girl and she will leave me eventually after finding out about my mental state .

" Why do you look so tensed ? Are you seriously alright?." Naina asked me. I nodded my head smiling at her.

************************
Please vote comment and share my story!