Chapter 09

It is awkward for me to sit across some stranger. I never gave anyone that authority to interfere in my personal life. My boundaries were always set perfectly.  This over zealous expression from Naina's mom is irritating me.  I helped her daughter that is my choice not compulsion. Shweta who has discomfort clearly printed on her face looked between me and aunty silently. 

"Aunty,  can you leave us alone?." I asked her politely. Naina looked at me from my door with a concerned look.  Bending down her head she walked out followed by her mom.  The girl infront of me sighed with relief.

"Hi. I don't want to marry you. Please find a way get me out of this. " She spoke hurriedly as if aunty will come back.  I nodded my head still feeling awkward.  This girl might be thinking that I requested aunty for this meeting. Sweat formed on my forehead while my body tried to calm down. I could feel my breath coming out in irregular pattern. Black spots formed infront of my eyes slowly.

" Here ! Have some water !." I heard her speak rubbing my shoulder. Gulping alteast three glasses of water and orange juice I calmed myself down.

Calm down. You are fine.

Rishabh! Take a deep breath! Your mom is with you ! Listen to my soothing voice, I am thinking of making some sweet for you.  What do you recommend love?

I opened my eyes after five minutes. Naina stood before me holding refreshments while Shweta held my shoulder trying to calm me down.

Thud!

I saw Naina glaring at me. She literally threw the tray and walked away without any kind of emotion on her face. Shweta sat back smiled a bit before munching on samosa aunty ordered for us.

" I get you are not used to this match making stuff. I am pro at it. " She spoke.

" Hmmm." I replied.

"Why is your sister so angry at you?" She asked me.

"She is my neighbor. "I clarified.

"That means pammi aunty is not your mom?" She questioned quite surprised.

"No. My parents expired few years ago. I do not have any relation with pammi aunty ." I spoke .

"Wow! This is biggest match making scam I have ever come across!." She exclaimed.  I saw Naina entering with her mom, she did not look at me nor tried to read the situation here. Pammi aunty asked Shweta if she liked him or not. If she did then her parents will finalize this match to which Naina looked at me with hurtful eyes. Now who will explain it to her that she needs to speak up !

"Aunty I want to meet her parents too."I requested to which she jumped in joy thinking her job is done now.

As soon as Shweta parents arrived at my place I told them how I am willing to marry their daughter but with one condition.

"I will be living here, with my son . "I spoke.

"Son? What do you mean? Are you married?." They questioned me.

"You don't need to marry for that uncle. "I spoke .

"That's a bastard??!" They asked loudly.

"It would be nice if you address him properly moreover his girlfriend is living here. She will feel bad if you talk in such a tone. " I commented to which all her family members got up with rage they walked out of my house.  Shweta stood shocked at my revelations. I just shrugged my shoulders not giving her any explanations. She doesn't to marry me, I don't think I need to tell her about my life. Walking out silently she gave me thumps up. 

" Oh my God rishabh!." I heard Kainat's voice. Taking my tuck out I sighed.

" Not now. Get out.  Leave me alone. I am done taking drama today." I said feeling frustrated.

" Leave him alone Kainat. He needs to attend to his son's needs ." Naina spoke looking at me with anger. Kainat face fell and she jogged out while naina stood there challenging me with her stare.

" You sure have a son and his girlfriend to take care right? Better close your door then." Naina spoke making my blood boil. 

With long strides I walked towards her angrily. To hell with her behavior towards me.

" Learn to talk directly on my face. If I see you a minute more here I don't know what I will do to you.  Better don't rile me up.  Don't hide behind these words and strain those beautiful eyes." I said standing too close to her liking.  My ragging breath made her quiver . Her neatly braided hair looked very welcoming to me. Holding it in my hand I rested my elbow on her shoulder.

" You look beautiful today. I love this look.  But I prefer you more in open hair Naina. My son Sirius is indeed waiting for me. I did not feed him nor took him to his girlfriend.  Care to join me?." I asked her.

Nodding her head as no she came out of my hold. Turning around she walked away closing my door. I laughed seeing her so jealous yet not realizing it. Sirius licked my feet sensing my anxiety. As soon as I sat down, he slowly climbed into my lap wagging his tail. My therapist was right when he said dogs can sense if they find us in mental breakdown. Petting him I laid down on cold floor thinking about all that happened today.

Naina needs to understand her life, she might have become a bit stronger mentally but she needs to address what her heart wants for once I want her to decide things from her heart not mind.  Sirius barked suddenly running upto the door clawing it.  Upon opening i saw her standing there with a sling bag. She looked at me then turned her back facing me.

" I thought your son wanted to visit his girlfriend. " She spoke in an angry tone. I instantly smiled at her antics. Getting hold of his leash I locked my door . Naina turned to take leash my from hand and walked him till lift. Since Sirius is a very friendly understanding and non aggressive dog he happily moved along naina barking here and there when people walked too close to me. With hands in my pocket I just observed Naina smiling to her while talking to Sirius who was very eager to see his girlfriend. 

" You like dogs?." I questioned her after almost ten minutes of our walk.

" Only friendly ones besides what's not there to like about them?." She asked.

" Hmmm " I replied.

"How was your day?." I asked her after leaving Sirius with his girlfriend.

"Eventful."She replied stealing a glance at me. 

"Divorce finalized?." I questioned her.  With all the drama her mom presents in front of me, I lost track of her court proceedings. My concentration is on Kainat boyfriend who seems to rectify his fuckboy attitude. 

"Does it matter? I don't care if they give us divorce or not. I am not going back nor meet him or his bloody girlfriend. " She replied with a stern face. 

"What are your future plans?." I asked her.  Staying in Delhi she can work or find some job but naina will benefit if she leaves this place. My heart doesn't want her to go but I know if she needs to survive peacefully she should be away from her parents.

"What are yours?" She questioned me back.

"Why does yours depend on mine?." I said chuckling a bit. She was silent for few minutes observing Sirius bark around the park with his girlfriend.

"Yes"

*************************

Please vote comment and share my story!