Chapter 05

Goodbyes are hard to say even harder to accept when the person you love goes away.  It's been almost 3 years since she left. Not once she came back to meet her parents. Kainat now moved away to pursue higher studies while I am still stuck here being economics professor. 

Woof! Woof!

But with a new extra added member of my life. My precious dog part of my life and body now.

" Come on Sirius! I gave you food!." I exclaimed to which he Woofed again. Laughing at his antics to get extra food I patted him on his head which led to endless belly rubs. I really love to live with him.  He who doesn't judge me nor take wrong decisions to hurt me.

Ding ding!

" Coming !." I shouted to which Sirius ran scratching my door.

" Hello brother !." I saw kainat standing there with wide smile. She grew as tall as Naina and maybe more beautiful.

"My fluffy, fluffy naughty , cute, handsome,  sweet,  understanding DOG!." She said last part looking at me.

" Hey! He is not a dog! He's my everything ok?." I defended putting him on leash.

"That last word was meant for you. You are an unfaithful dog." She shouted pushing me aside.

"Ok now what did your boyfriend do?." I questioned her.

"Come on! We wanted to spend some alone time , your house is safest place for us! And you denied!." She shouted.

"Excuse me? Alone time? Not on my watch Missy. By the way he is my student, I will not encourage that. "I spoke in stern voice. She huffed, threw her bag opening my fridge. Who knew she will find love in my student. Although he's very good at studies, always tops our college I can't be cool about it. After all, if he needs to earn my trust, he should follow rules.

"As if you haven't done anything here!." She spoke munching on my snack.

"No I haven't. "I replied in a serious tone. She somehow knows that I like her sister but never questioned me about it. For a moment I wished instead of her Naina is sitting here. She is so calm, sweet and collected compared to her sister. Kainat grew to be more broad minded after looking at her sister's marriage.  I know everything is not flowers but I hope she is happy.

"Why don't you message her? She doesn't take initiative too."Kai complained .

"Who exactly are we talking about here?." I questioned her looking through the test papers. One thing I love about this girl is that she never stops herself from asking questions to which I don't have any answers.

"My sister Dumbo. " She replied.

"Excuse me? I am ten years elder to you. Definitely five years elder to your sister. So give me respect or get out of here. " I said in an irritated tone. She squirmed in her seat silently munching on my snacks. As much as I adore her, I can't leave her to be a brat. She needs to be schooled.

"Are you going to inform your sister about him?." I asked her.  Kainat is undergoing lots of pressure to see men for marriage proposals. Now her parents want her to meet him in person talk for a while and then agree for it. But she should choose people they have already chosen for her. That is you are given freedom to go on a date with numerous men until you are sure of someone. What's the point of it? If she does same without their consent I am sure they flip off immediately.

"She is stressed, I don't know much. Naina doesn't talk with anyone. She stopped calling me and my parents. We get messages from her that she is fine. As far as I know her in laws shifted to place. Maybe she is busy?." She spoke.

"Don't you miss her?." I questioned her. Kainat never talks what lead her sister to cut off her contact. I won't interfere too. No matter what happened, I will still care for her. What I feel for Naina need not be named as love maybe more than that. I don't know. On the day of her marriage, I realised two things, naina is extremely calm but can't contain her emotions. She got brains but won't use it to hurt her parents. One day kainat is going to break everyone's heart in her family to live a life she dreamed of, I believe even if it's not with her current boyfriend kainat will definitely be the rebel this family needs.

Woof! Woof!

I smiled looking at Sirius who was busy chewing kainat shoes. She slowly got up, took her shoes, cleaned up all the mess .

"You are leaving?." I asked her.  With hesitation in her eyes she looked down adjusting her bag. Every month kai comes home for two days to meet her parents but stays majority of her time at my home doing her work. Her parents always thought she is on terrace reading books. But today something was off, she wanted to talk about her problems but my rudeness stopped her I guess.

"I need to go.." She trailed still not moving an inch. That's it! Something is wrong.

"Sit down. Talk. " I said taking her bag and making her sit on the chair opposite to me. Sirius immediately understood that something is off . He left us alone taking one shoe in her mouth.

"Naina contacted me two days ago. She said or should I say quoted that life has always been unfair to her even after marriage. " she talked.

"What do you mean by that? What happened kainat?." I asked her.

"Naina's husband, he never talks with our family nor greets us during those random calls. " She spoke making me tense. I know my friend if he focused on something he won't bother to care about anyone but what surprises me he is how can be ignore a beautiful soul like Naina?

"Di revealed he never liked her. " She continued.  Anger burned through my nerves. What is she doing for 3 years with him then?

"He is interested in someone else whom he has been seeing much before my sister. Naina didn't mention what is going on there but I think they live like roommates. She did not get to study further as she couldn't concentrate. She's taking help. " kainat looked like she has seen a ghost.

" Help as in? What do you mean?." I asked her getting up from my chair.

" Help as in therapy brother." She replied calmly.

"Is that asshole hurting her?? Why didn't she contact any of us? Me? What is wrong with her?? I will call naina and ask her to come back immediately.  I will bloody see that he drowns in his own sorrows at a special place called prison." I shouted pushing away all the papers.

" I don't know Risabh. She disconnected her call saying he gives money for food. That's all." Kainat spoke.

" Gives? What is she ? A slave to him? Kai give me her in laws number I would like to speak with them." I said making eye contact with her.

" They know . Yet they don't interfere nor support my sister." She said looking down.

"Go home." I said looking away. Slowly getting up from her place she passed by me.

" Save her." She said in a low tone before closing my door. Looking at empty entrance I sighed in frustration. 

If only....

******************************
Please vote comment and share my story.

Do follow me for more updates.