Chapter 18

Kainat looked at me to help her but I didn't want to.  She brought this on herself , Naina had intense stare which showed I can't mess with her.

"No I didn't even touch this guy di." To which Dakshant neck snapped, probably broke.

"Considering your talented brain, I guess you did. " Naina spoke holding their hands. 

" Why didn't you tell me Kai? Why couldn't you share this with me ?." Her eyes pleaded as she looked at her sisters eyes .

" Di.. I told you now." Kainat voiced out .

" This late? Are you two engaged now? Or you are planning to take any big step today?." She asked .

"No!." Dakshant replied taking his hand from Naina. He looked tensed but determined to speak.

" No mam. I Don't plan to marry her soon. I need to settle down. Earn money, let her decide what she wants from life. Give her space to complete her own dreams then if she wishes to get married I will." He spoke looking into her eyes, I smiled knowing how he intend to do all this just for kainat. Knowing his family, they would welcome her happily but their belief to get children married at young age to create stability and responsibility always confuses me. If he is willing to wait then I am sure he will.

"Let's go?." Naina asked holding my hand. I smiled at young couple before walking out behind her.

Sitting on my bike, she was silent the whole ride. I know she is insecure about relationships and the mess that follows it. 

" I will meet you tomorrow morning?." She said getting down from my bike. Pulling her hand to me I kissed on Naina's cheek. She blushed rubbing her hands and pinched me not to do it again in public. 

" What's troubling you?". I asked looking into her eyes.

" She is so young Rishabh,  I mean look at him? He doesn't seem to care about her future. Although dakshant promised to let her grow,  I doubt his family will agree to this? She needs to follow what they want.  I don't want her to be this way you know. Like.." She blabbered.

" Shall we go to my house?." I asked her.

" You are overthinkinh. He won't play with her. I promise you everything is gonna be just fine. Let her decide what she wants. I am sure after looking at you she will not hurry up and marry him. " I said making her sit.

" I need to tell you something. " She announced gulping slowly.

"What are you hiding now?." I asked her.

********************
"Rishabh!." I heard Kainat banging on my door loudly. Feeling extremely irritated I walked till door to open it.

" What is your problem kainat? It's fucking 4.30 am on Sunday!" I shouted holding the door wide.

" Papa is calling you!." She shouted dragging me with her .

With sleepy eyes and tiredness I climbed down with her to meet her parents. As soon as I entered their house,  her mom slapped me hard which actually made me wake up for real.

" Do you know about this? Did you help her? Don't you lie to us!." She shouted pulling me by my shirt.

Looking extremely confused and no idea what her problem is, I backed off . Her papa came stood before me with red eyes and tired face. What is wrong with this family? Where is my Naina?

" She left us. " her papa announced. Kainat started crying hearing her father.

" What do you mean by that? She left my house around 11 pm yesterday.  Where did she go?." I asked him.

" I don't know. She left us a note sayinh we shouldn't worry about her nor make you pay for the things you are not responsible for. Just tell me if you know where is she . " her father begged me.

She left?

" I don't know uncle , where did she go? What did you do to make her go away from me?." I asked him sitting on their sofa. Kainat looked at me and her mom.

Forcing her for marriage again?

" I tried very hard to stop my wife beta. M tired ok? Just tell me if you know about this plan. " He said.

" No. I don't know. I wouldn't be sleeping so peacefully, I wouldn't stay here with you guys being clueless. " I stated getting up.

" If she decided to go away from you,  from the person who loves her unconditionally. I don't want to run behind her. She took this decision.  If she is mine , she will come back . Or I will be the way I was before ." With that said,  I walked out. 

Kainat held my hand asking me not to go but i said no.  Understanding my feelings,  she left me alone. Cool breeze blew past me as I looked at her picture. M not a person who stands in his balcony looking over the sky and think about life. But now , I feel like one. I miss her dearly , my life was beyond happy past few months with her presence but now I don't know what I will become.

She was ray of hope , one who made sure that I stay grounded. I literally stayed in this place for her. To see her every single day and feel content. Why did she have to leave me like this?

My phone rang and I lifted  without looking at it. 

" Are you angry?." I heard her angelic voice which made my heart calm.

" Of course not. " I said smiling to myself.

" I did give a long kiss yesterday. " Naina spoke and I can literally imagine her pouting.

" What can I say? I am a man of many desires and hunger." I replied holding my phone.

" Well..... I miss you. " She said in low voice.

" Where are you love?." I asked her.

" In transit. " She replied.

"Call me when you reach New Zealand. " I replied. With slight hmmm She disconnected our call. Smiling to myself I remember her confession yesterday night. Where she planned to sneak out of her house and visit new Zealand to fulfill her job commitments.  She could inform them and go but Naina being her teenage self wanted to create a dramatic effect on her family. She wanted kainat to feel her absence coz her sister decided to exclude her from telling deepest secrets. I was shocked at first to listen that she will be leaving in the early hours.  My hands pulled her chair towards me making her fall on my lap. She looked very scared thinking I will not allow her but who am I give her permission? With a smile I said okay after which she practically leapt on me and kissed me senseless. We cuddled , talked random things,  she took all my shirts saying it feels good to steal and wear them.

But now I miss her, her 5 months stay at new Zealand will definitely kill me here. I stood leaning on my railing clicking on pictures she is sending me.

Who knew my grown up girlfriend will act like a child infront of me?

*********************
Please vote comment and share my story.

Do you think I should write separate story for kainat and Dakshant?

Do you find my story interesting? Do let me know.