Vanquishing Guilt (Episode 61)

With the intense, blizzard winds flowing ferociously through his blonde hair, Timothy cried out up to Lucas from the edge of the railing. His tears flew from his eyes as he stared up at Lucas, floating just under the violently swirling green and grey clouds.

Hearing Timothy's dreadful plea echo throughout the rising stadium caused something to click within Lucas's brain. His glowing, green eyes glanced back at Timothy's tearful face. Almost immediately, Lucas felt his senses swarming back into his mind, as his expression swiftly saddened.

Horrified, Derrick desperately hung on by the ledge of the massive, opening hole in the field with both hands. Feeling his grip beginning to loosen, Derrick cried at the top of his lungs, "NO! PLEASE! I DON'T WANNA DIE!"

Frightened, Derrick glanced down through the gaping hole, witnessing how far he was going to fall from the sky. Being so close to the stratosphere and hailing clouds made it ten times colder as well, which was beginning to numb Derrick's tightened hands.

With everything he had, Derrick tried to pull himself up and save himself. Suddenly, the chunk of the remaining field that he was hanging on by had broken off.

"Hold on!", yelled one of the teachers, rushing down to the field as fast as possible to attempt to save Derrick. They sprinted down the stadium steps through the fierce winds and hail, but they were too late.

Everything had went completely silent for Derrick, as he fell into the hole, screaming. The entirety of his life had begun to flash before his terror filled eyes.

Until Lucas swooped down from the nightmarish clouds and miraculously caught Derrick by his arm, saving him at the final second. He quickly pulled him up and flew back up into the air, effortlessly. 

Lucas flew swiftly over to one of the seats in the stands and let Derrick down there. Without a word, he flew back over the center of floating stadium and held his hand out toward the opening ground.

Lucas then closed his eyes and tightly clenched his hand shut. Suddenly, the massive hole in the field began to close, as it slowly began to reform itself. Chunks of the field had begun to fly back up and reconnect with the ground. The entire floating stadium shook harder than ever.

However, the spiraling clouds had started to slow. The raining hail and snow began to calm, along with the strong winds. The whole stadium seemed to be gradually levitating downward.

Almost every person in the stands were still beyond scared. Others seemed to realize what was happening and felt a sense of relief wash over them. This was especially the case for Timothy, who was breathing heavily with his head down against the railing. He was beyond relieved that he managed to calm Lucas's rampage.

As the ground under the stadium was fully levitated back down, it began to reattach to the crafter that it had left from. The entire time Lucas spent fixing the stadium, immense guilt was drowning his soul. A feeling that he cannot seem to escape.

Once the stadium was back in the best shape it could possibly be, Lucas floated back down to his feet in the center of the field. Internally, he was breathing heavily from the overuse of his power.

Almost the whole place was silent. Besides from a few participants in the audience, everybody else was just about speechless. Nobody knew how to react. The lot of them thought they were going to die moments ago.

All Lucas could do was just stand there. Stand there and look around at all their frightened faces. And it was all because of Lucas. Sadness was the only emotion his face expressed.

Lucas scanned the crowd for a solid minute, until he locked eyes with Timothy, who could see the visible guilt across Lucas's face. He felt awful for him, as he knew that his friend did all that because of him.