Earthquake (Episode 56)

In the middle of the stadium stands, Jessica, Brian, and Maxwell were all seated and huddled up together. They were doing their best attempt to stay warm in the freezing temperatures.

"Now I know why everyone is sitting close to stands by the field. There's huge torches in the corners of the field, warming it up down there. It's colder than the North Pole way up here though," Jessica said with her teeth chattering, holding her arms.

Maxwell then left the huddle and stood from his seat, saying out loud, "I, the great and almighty Maxwell, am not cold! Simply just not warm!"

Brian snickered and replied, "Right. Damn snow is getting all over my glasses. I would say we should move up, but it looks like all the seats are taken by now."

"Hey! Guys!"

The three of their faces lit up instantly upon hearing the voice. They turned to the left right away and saw Timothy, wearing a beaming smile on his face, making his way up to them through the stands. Lucas was floating right behind him.

Jessica and Brian got up immediately as Timothy ran into their arms. They all hugged each other tightly. "I knew you'd make it little bro. Proud of you," Brian said in Timothy's right ear while hugging him. Jessica grinned and teased in Timothy's left ear, "Next time, let us know when you're gonna take a wicked dookie."

Timothy blushed and mumbled back, "Uhh yeah. Sorry to make you guys worry. I'm okay though." Lucas was happy, seeing them all hug each other, but he didn't show it on his face, keeping his usual demeanor.

Maxwell placed his arm on Lucas's left shoulder and dramatically asked, "Are you prepared, fellow great and almighty friend?!" Lucas slowly panned his blue, dead eyes over to Maxwell, creeping him out. He instantly took a step back from Lucas and declared with his confident face, "Of course you are ready! How silly of I to ask someone as great as I am if they are ready! My apologies."

All of a sudden, the four giant torches in the corners of the field had blasted fire out of them at max power. This made the crowd full of participants begin to cheer and get excited. Smoke started emerging down on the field as well, as principal of the Mastery Academy, Mrs. Maddison, made her entrance.

She walked out until she reached center field. The tapping of her microphone had almost silenced the stadium crowd instantly. "Testing. Testing."

"Apologies for being late. We had a situation. Anyways, if you're hearing and seeing me talking at this moment, that means you have successfully passed the first round of your tryouts and advanced to the second and final round. Such as the first, I am going to be explaining the rules and regulations of this second round. To begin, the names of two individuals will be randomly selected. The two people called will enter the field and proceed to engage in a one on one duel. The winner will be whoever can make their opponent k.o or submit. However, being victorious in this round isn't what matters. It will depend on your showing during the duels that does. Every teacher from the Mastery Academy is watching from the press box all the way above the stands. They will be the judges of each of your respective showings. After each and every participant in this stadium has battled, we will ask all of you to report to the field at once. That is where our teachers will choose to draft yous to each of their respective classes. Although, if you are not selected by a teacher, you will unfortunately fail automatically, and be sent home. So make sure to give it your all, young ladies and gentlemen. Show them why you all belong here!"

All the participants clapped and cheered loudly. They began to get hype. Mrs. Maddison smiled from the middle of the field, looking up and around at all the future, young heroes.

She then announced, "While I'm here, I'll do the honors of announcing the first two participants. Maxwell Vinci! Please advance to the field!"

Maxwell's eyes brimmed with joy. Timothy, Brian, and Jessica instantaneously got up from their seats and screamed in excitement. They all dogpiled onto Maxwell, hyping him up and chanting his name to get him excited, while Lucas stood awkwardly to the side.