Encounter (Episode 53)

Mrs. Madison then cleared her throat, preparing herself to go through all the rules and regulations of the competition to the crowd of participants in the auditorium.

"The first stage of this competition will be the physical and power training. This will take place in the gym. Trainers and teachers alike from the Mastery Academy run each of the training stations in the gym. The tests for each station will be explained to you by the teacher or trainer at said station. It will be a test of all your physical capabilities, along with your powers. You must not only visit each training station but pass every single one with a qualifying grade. Meaning, a 'D' or lower is an automatic fail, and you will be eliminated from the competition. If you do manage to pass the first round, you will then follow an instructor, as they will guide you to the stadium beside the gym. That is where the second and final round of these tryouts will take place. I will explain the second round rules from there. Alright. I think that's about everything. If you have any questions, please come to me before exiting the auditorium. Other than that, I wish you all the best of luck future heroes. Show the world who you all are!"

The crowd of participants all stood up and cheered, rallying and hyping themselves up. Maxwell, Brian, and Jessica all joined in on the hype, as Timothy and Lucas stayed seated.

Everyone standing along with the loudness made Lucas even more anxious. He was trembling badly in his seat. Until, he felt Timothy put his hand on his shoulder. "It's okay to be nervous Lucas. I know people aren't your favorite. Just so you know, I'm anxious too buddy," said Timothy with a nervous smile. Lucas then looked over at Timothy and curiously asked, "If that is the case, why are you still very happy looking?"

Timothy then stood up from his seat and replied, "Well, being anxious aside, this has always been my dream. I'm a step closer to making a difference." He did indeed look anxious, but it was buried within happiness and satisfaction in himself.

Lucas's eyes lit up, hearing his words. "I see. I should be more open minded such as yourself," replied Lucas as he got up from his seat as well. Timothy proudly smiled and said to Lucas, "Well, I wouldn't really call myself that, but that's the spirit! But uh, I'm gonna go find a bathroom right quick. Just stick with Jess, Brian, and Maxwell. Follow them to the gym. That's where everyone's going."

Lucas nodded, as Timothy turned around and went to go find a bathroom. Noticing everyone exiting, Lucas followed Jessica along with everybody else out of the auditorium. Timothy went out the other way to go find a bathroom.

As all of the teens cleared out of the auditorium, Mrs. Madison watched from the stage. "Not a single one came up to ask me a question. Such confidence," she said to herself. Her heels echoed throughout the now empty auditorium, as she made her way off the dimly lit stage.

When Mrs. Madison arrived backstage, her eyes had slightly widened. The security guards who dragged Ace off stage were all laid out. Each of them were knocked out cold on the wooden floor. All ten of them. The principal's face became stern, as her hand twitched. She began to speed walk to search for the boy.

Meanwhile, after leaving the auditorium, Timothy had gotten directions to the nearest bathroom. "Jeez, and I thought this whole building was just a gym by itself," Timothy said to himself, wondering the halls of the massive place.

He then approached what he thought was a dead end at first. However, there was a single hallway to the right of the wall. When Timothy turned the corner into the hallway, he felt an instant chill down his spine.

It was a long, and very dimly lit hallway. It gave off an ominous vibe. Yet at the end if it, Timothy could spot the restrooms, with a vending machine in between men and womans bathrooms.