Rescue Bloodstains (Episode 35)

A few seconds before the explosion went off, a small helicopter flew high above the city, looming from above the late night clouds. The two people inside the helicopter were enjoying the beautiful night sky view, until suddenly, the car explosion went off, being just big enough to reach the helicopter's sight range and attention. The pilot in the helicopter looked down and said, "Wow. I believe we found the target. I suppose that spring hero wasn't lying about this guy's potential threat level. Good thing you were in the area tonight." The other guy in the helicopter smiled and licked his lips in a creepy manner. "Pilot, fly us down there now. I can barely contain myself, the excitement is turning me on...."

Meanwhile, the explosion caused a minor shockwave, powerful enough to instantly take out the three black suited criminals in the blast. "Shit!", Slick shouted as he looked back at the explosion. Without a second thought, Brian used his arms to push himself off the ground, leaping off the porch of the hideout and tackling Slick from behind onto the ground. "TIMOTHY!!!! THE DOOR!!!! GO NOW!!!!!", Brian yelled to Timothy at the top of his lungs, struggling to keep Slick down. "Damn brat!", Slick muffled, trying to get Brian off of him.

Using the short time Brian bought him, Timothy began pounding on the door and frantically twisting the doorknob to quickly get inside to find Jessica, but it was no use. There were also no open windows nearby. "Dang it! Dang it!!! DANG IT!!!!! I!!! NEED!!! TO!!! GET!!! INSIDE!!!!", Timothy screamed. He began desperately punching, kicking, and doing everything in his power to get the door open. Slick swiftly managed to get his feet under Brian, brutally kicking him off. But Brian gritted his teeth and immediately tackled Slick back down to keep him from getting to Timothy. "OPEN UP DAMN IIIT!!!!!!!", Timothy shouted in a bloodcurdling screech. His powers began shining brighter than it ever had before, brighter than a blinding beacon.....

All of a sudden, with a single kick, Timothy busted the door down. His display of sudden strength momentarily stunned him, but he quickly refocused himself and bolted into the hideout to search for Jessica. Seeing this, Slick desperately punched Brian in the mouth, knocking him off for a split second. But once more, Brian went to grab Slick before he could run inside after Timothy. Feeling Brian grab onto the back of his of his long sleeved vest, Slick instantly grabbed hold of Brian's right wrist, snapping it immediately. "AHHHHHHH!!!!" Brian yelled in agony, painfully releasing his grip on Slick. "Sorry about that Brian, but I can't let you kids mess up my plans, " Slick deviously said as he picked up his gun from the porch and ran inside after Timothy.

The entire first floor of the house was completely empty of everything, so Timothy ran up the stairs to the second floor right away. As his light powers were on, he was seemingly running faster than he ever had before. But, he was starting to slow down and breathe heavily. Sweating intensely, he realized he was overusing his power, but that didn't stop him as he continued up the staircase.

Once he got to the second floor of the abandoned house, he saw a bunch of old furniture and a boarded up window that showed a view of the backyard. The place was a wreck, and the air was dusty.

(Picture of the hideout's second floor)

As he looked around frantically, Timothy saw no sign of Jessica. And right then and there, a feeling of urgency and anxiety overwhelmed him as he felt like both his best friends' lives were in his hands and he was failing them. Breathing heavily, gripping his hair, and putting his hand on his chest, Timothy felt every ounce of hope leaving his body. He fell to his knees, wrapped himself in his own arms, and began to cry. His small cry was the only thing heard in the quiet room. This entire time, Timothy was trying his hardest to stay strong and ignore his inner doubts and fears, but it was too much.

"Timothy?", a soft, familiar voice rang out from inside the room with him. Timothy's watery eyes quickly widened as he recognized the voice in a heartbeat. Looking behind him, in the darkest corner of the room, he found his friend Jessica. She was tied to a chair, appearing as if she just woke up. "Jessica!!!", Timothy cried out before running over to her, using his last bit of strength to rip off the ropes that kept her arms and body tied tightly to the chair. Right after she was freed, she stood up, only to be met with a big hug from Timothy as tears dripped from his eyes. "Jessica! I thought you were gone! I was so worried! Are you okay?!", Timothy said as he was choked up on his own tears with a saddened tone in his voice. He hugged her tightly, not wanting to let her go. Sniffling, he continued, "I'm sorry Jessica! I should've never let you get taken!! I-" but before he could say anything else, Jessica hugged him back tightly. Trying to hold her own tears back, she softly said, "I can't believe, you're really here. Dude you saved me!! No don't cry little dude. It's okay, it's okay, I'm okay! Please don't cry. It's not your fault! Don't ever blame yourself!" Eventually, she couldn't hold back her tears anymore, as she began to cry as they hugged each other tightly.

"Well, well, well. Isn't this precious?", said Slick. He was right there, aiming his gun at the both of them from the doorway of the room. Hearing this, Timothy quickly tried to move, but Jessica didn't let him go as she kept hugging him. "No, Timothy, no, you went through enough." She then said to him in his ear, "Listen, just stay calm little bro. I'll take care of this," she said as she quickly held Timothy back behind her, shielding him from the gun. "Heh, isn't that just sooo brave and selfless. Makes me sick," Slick said with a devilish smirk as his finger started to press down on the trigger.

Closing her eyes, Jessica said, "Timothy, listen to me! If I get shot here, I need you to-" "GAHHH!!!!", Slick shrieked in pain as he dropped his gun and his legs began to shake. Out of seemingly nowhere, Brian had crawled his way up the stairs and stabbed Slick in the upper back with a piece of the destroyed car. A massive bloodstain from the back of Slick's vest began to spread rapidly as Brian pulled out the glass shard from Slick's back. Timothy and Jessica stood in shock as Slick fell to his knees and Brian stood coldly on one leg, Slick's blood eerily dripping off his left hand.