Mixed feelings chapter 79: Nothing personal

*At the lockers.*
"Drop that." says Colt firmly. "Let's match at prom." he adds.
"I'm going to be wearing a dress though.." says Lo.
"You.. definitely will not be seeing me in one.. I'm talking about color matching." says Colt.
"I know, I was just being sarcastic." says Lo.
"Who said that I wasn't being sarcastic either?" questions Colt.
"Nevermind.. do you want to go shopping after class?" questions Lo.
"You don't even have to ask." says Colt almost immediately.
*Outside.*
"KAILEY?" spouts Lo.
"Shit." mumbles Kailey as she turns around.
"Hey." says Colt unbothered.
"Ugh.. hi." says Kailey as she lets out a sigh.
"Why are you acting this way?" questions Lo as she raises an eyebrow.
"Acting what way?" questions Kailey as she rotates her head to the right. "Distant..?" she adds.
*Lo nods.*
"I.. have my reasons." says Kailey as she glances at Colt.
"Wanna talk about it?" questions Lo.
(Colt's thoughts;) "I'm going to have to say something.. don't I.."
"Your boyfriend probably knows why.. I have to go to class though." says Kailey. "Talk to you later." she adds before walking off.
*silence.*
"What.. what is she talking about?" questions Lo as she faces Colt.
"I don't have a clue." says Colt firmly.
(Lo's thoughts;) "Well, that didn't sound very convincing.."
"I just don't get it.. she's been ignoring me at home too." says Lo.
"I don't think you should let it wear you down. I mean.. you live together, so she can't go on ignoring you forever.." says Colt as he averts his eyes.
"..No, you're right.. thanks for spending your lunch break with me." says Lo.
"..Are you sure you're alright?" questions Colt.
"I'm doing perfectly fine." says Lo as she averts her eyes.
(Vasco's thoughts;) "..And, of course he's managed to get your full on attention again just by walking by."
"Since we're matching.. what will the color theme be?" questions Colt.
"I don't know.. grey and white?" says Lo.
"Alright.. I think I have a grey suit at home." says Colt.
"Great, I don't have any grey dresses or heels though.. I was thinking about buying a pair of designer high heels too." says Lo.
"Why not regular sneakers?" questions Colt. "They're more comfortable and easier to walk on." he adds.
"Eventhough that's true, there's no way that I'm going to wear sneakers to prom. Besides, I would like to be close to your height." says Lo as she stands on her tippy toes.
"Even with high heels on, you still wouldn't be able to be anywhere close to my height." says Colt with a smirk on his face.
"I'll prove you wrong." says Lo as she folds her arms.
*Meanwhile.*
"So.. what did you want to talk about?" questions Vera.
"I wanted to.. ask you a question." says Ty nervously as he scratches the back of his neck.
"Spit it out man." says Ace irritably as he hits Ty's back.
"You gotta be fucking kidding me." whispers Ty angrily.
"Hey, Ace.. where did you come from?" questions Vera.
"Not important." says Ace firmly. "Are you guys going to prom?" he adds.
"I was just about to bring that up actually.." says Ty as he averts his eyes to Ace.
"OH.. I GET IT." says Ace. "You got this." he adds as he walks off.
(Ty's thoughts;) "Ah.. I see.. you plotted this as your revenge because I didn't help you out with Lo."
"What is he.. talking about?" questions Vera.
(Ty's thoughts;) "Might as well just fess up now."
"He knew that I've been meaning to ask you to prom.." says Ty as he averts his eyes back to Vera.
"You're.." mumbles Vera in disbelief.
"Do you want to be my prom date?" questions Ty nervously.
*silence.*
"..It's okay if you don't-" mumbles Ty as he looks down.
"I'D LOVE TO BE YOUR PROM DATE." spouts Vera with a wide smile on her face.
"What..? you.." mumbles Ty in disbelief.
"Why not?!" says Vera as she lets out some laughter.
"But, why.." mumbles Ty. "I mean.. I thought you liked Ace.." he adds.
"Huh..? sure.. I did." says Vera as she tilts her head to the right. "That was until he called me 'childish' for liking the zoo so much." she adds.
(Ace's thoughts;) "Wait, she heard that?"
"Romantically.." says Ty.
"R- ROMANTICALLY.." spouts Vera awkwardly. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" she adds.
*silence.*
"I- I.. was just trying to be nice, you know.." mumbles Vera as she averts her eyes.
(Vera's thoughts;) "Truth is.. when he asked to hang out with me, I was wayy too nervous to just say yes.. knowing that it was just going to be the two of us.. and since I already struggled to stay composed sitting in a car with this guy.. I had to come up with something. Which was by asking his brother to come along with us.."
"So, it was all just a misunderstanding?" questions Ty.
"Yes! ..because I'm a hundred percent sure that I've only got my eyes on- I MEAN.. how did you.." spouts Vera awkwardly. "How did you find out that I was vegan?!" she adds.
"It wasn't that hard.." says Ty. "What were you about to say though?" he adds.
"W- WOULD.. WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE TIME..!" spouts Vera as she looks at her wrist.
(Ty's thoughts;) "Pfft.. what is she doing.. looking at her wrist but she's not even wearing a watch."
"Oh...? you in a rush all of a sudden?" questions Ty with a smirk on his face.
"IT'S TIME FOR BIOLOGY.." spouts Vera before walking off.
"Doesn't it start in about another 15 minutes?" questions Ty playfully.
"WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY, RATHER BE EARLY THAN LATE!" spouts Vera from a distance.
(Ty's thoughts;) "Well.. I've got biology as well and.. to be honest, I'm curious as to see what her reaction would be like if she suddenly saw me sitting right next to her.. yea, can't miss that."
"WAIT FOR ME!" spouts Ty as he follows Vera inside.
*silence.*
(Kailey's thoughts;) "Ugh.. fuck you, Ty.. Guess I already know who you're taking to prom-"
"Oh..? ..we meet again." says Ace as he walks up to Kailey.
(Kailey's thoughts;) "What was I thinking.. I mean, it's fine.. I bet I won't be the only one at prom without a date.."
"Hey auntie." says Ace with a smile on his face.
"Hmm..? ..I forgot that you go to this school as well now." says Kailey as she folds her arms.
"Question. Do you already have a date to prom?" questions Ace.
"..I'm pretty sure that you also witnessed what just happened right? ..so, if you're done rubbing it in, I'm leaving." says Kailey as she averts her eyes.
(Ace's thoughts;) "In other words, she has a thing for my brother? ..damn, I surely didn't see that one coming."
"I don't have a date to prom." says Ace.
"Guess that makes us twins in this situation." questions Kailey.
(Kailey's thoughts;) "I wonder.. how was he even able to join our school this late in the year.."
*silence.*
"I'd like to take you to prom, if you're interested." says Ace with a smirk on his face.
"Why.. are you doing this?" questions Kailey as she raises an eyebrow.
"Is that a yes or no?" questions Ace.
"I mean.. sure, why the fuck not." says Kailey as she rolls her eyes.
"Where's the enthusiasm?" questions Ace.
"Nothing personal, but you aren't your brother." says Kailey before walking off.
"I knew it." says Ace almost immediately.
"If you tell him I'll kill you." threatens Kailey.
"Don't worry, auntie." says Ace with a devious smirk. "Your secret is perfectly safe with me." he adds.