Mixed feelings chapter 45: Friends

*Entering Kam's flashback..* (This happened after Lo left Kameron's house at the end of chapter 39)
"How am I going to tell you this.." mumbles Kameron as he walks after Lo. "I'm on socks and I'm exhausted.. but, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not dating Shaniah.. I'm not looking for anything serious." he adds.
"FORGET ABOUT THAT.." spouts Lo as she lets out a long sigh.
"..what?" says Kameron.
"Kam.. you know that it's been 5 years, right?" says Lo. "Let that sink in." she adds.
"Does it feel like it's been 5 years to you?" questions Kameron.
"No.. but it's reality." says Lo as she starts to tear up.
*silence..*
"I- I can't talk about this right now.." says Lo. "Excuse me.." she adds as she turns back around.
"..If you truly meant when you said that you 'loved' me when we were kids.. I'm sorry." says Kameron as he looks down. "Because, I still.. don't think I can say it back.." he adds.
"But.. you kissed me.." mumbles Lo. "Y- you.. YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU LOVED ME.. AND, I TRUSTED YOU! I.. AS A SELFISH LITTLE 13 YEAR OLD GIRL.. BELIEVED YOU, BECAUSE.. NOBODY ELSE, BESIDES KAILEY, SAID THAT THEY ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT ME.. SO..! so.. why would you.." she adds.
(Kameron's thoughts;) "..I wish I could do more than just apologize.."
"Back then.. I didn't know you felt that way.. I know I fucked up. I really did.. and I was stupid to leave without letting you know I would.. I was young and careless, and I still am.." says Kameron as he lowers his head.
(Kameron's thoughts;) "I'll apologize as much as I possibly can.. that's the least I can do.. even if she doesn't want to talk to me ever again after this.."
"I'm 19 years old and I still can't explain these feelings that I have for you.. let alone explain what it is.." admits Kameron.
"..That doesn't mean that I'll stop loving you." says Lo almost immediately as she wipes her tears away.
"Don't." says Kameron.
"I knew that I still had feelings for you.. but I've constantly tried to ignore them.. I just didn't want to feel that way again. Not after what happened to my sister.." spouts Lo. "I didn't get to say good-bye.." she adds.
"I'm sorry.." mumbles Kameron.
"You won't tell me that you love me, you won't ever say it back.." says Lo as she looks down.
*silence..*
"If we.." mumbles Lo. "If we still hadn't met.. would you.. have come to look for me?" questions Lo as she inches in closer to Kameron.
"I don't.." mumbles Kameron as he cuts himself off.
"So, that's a no.." says Lo as she looks up at Kameron.
"..I've been the selfish one this entire time, Lo." says Kameron firmly.
"Stop blaming yourself so carelessly.. you're a good person." says Lo with a wide smile on her face.
"Fortunately, I can't agree with that statement.." says Kameron.
"And, your honesty.. be proud of it." says Lo.
*silence..*
"So, friends..?" questions Lo.
"Friends." says Kameron.
*End of flashback..*
"..judging by the silence, I guess.. you two just sticked to being friends." says Gunner as he steps on his blunt.
"Yea.. we did." says Kameron.

___

*Sorry for the short chapter!*