"Well, try to stay out of trouble, yea? Cmon Makuhita!" 'Maku!' Brawly waved before running off with Makuhita and his surfboard toward the water. You waved until he hit the water, sending one more smile your way. Your heart fluttered, and you felt like a swarm of Butterfree were in your tummy. "He's amazing, Sealeo.." You sighed and watched him hop onto a wave. 'Seal?' "Yea, shoulda asked for his autograph. Oh well.." You stood up and stretched out a bit. "Ready to hit the water?" 'Seal!' Your Sealeo sat up immediately and started making its way to the swimming area excitedly. You laughed and ran after it, "Hey! Wait for me!" You were so preoccupied with following after your partner. You didn't notice a certain surfer staring after you happily before catching another wave.

"Sealeo! Where'd you go!" You looked around the water frantically, kicking your arms and legs to keep you above water. You had only been in the water for ten minutes, when apparently your partner decided to go explore more of the water. It disappeared while your back was turned. Surely it would return to you in its own time, but it didn't make you worry any less. "Sealeo! Come back!" "Watch out!" Someone yelled. "Huh?" You turned, just as a huge wave came crashing down on you, throwing you under the water.

You felt your body do somersaults under the water, feet grazing rock and sand as you went. You passed by a disgruntled group of clamperl. Finally, it seemed like your body had stopped moving, and your lungs were burning for air. You kicked up to break the surface, taking in a big gulp of air when you finally did. "Sealeo!" Your relief and scream for your partner was short-lived as another wave hit you and sent you under again. The water pressed you down, and your back hit the sand and some rocks, hard. Pain shot through you as you tried to get your bearings. Panic was starting to overtake you.

A shadow briefly passed over you, then there was a furious flurry of bubbles. You strained your eyes to try and see who or what was coming, but the water was making that difficult. Something did stand out, though: orange swim trunks. Brawly was quick to wrap his arms around your waste and propel both of you upwards towards his surfboard.

You both broke for air and gasped, trying to get as much of that glorious oxygen in you as you could. Brawly quickly brought you onto the surfboard and started paddling away from the waves. You leaned against him gratefully. 'Seal!' You whipped your head up and around until you spotted your Sealeo coming toward you, Brawly's Makuhita on its back. "It came to us after you went down." Brawly stated as Sealeo was now swimming right next to the board.

The waves seemed calmer now and were much smaller. Once you hit shallow water, Brawly helped you stand and held your hand tightly as he led you back to your beach towel, Sealeo and Makuhita close behind.

Brawly made you sit in the towel, and Sealeo came by and laid its head on your leg. "Got water?" He asked. You nodded and pointed toward your bag. Brawly was quick to rummage through it and pull out the light purple bottle, and hand it to you. "Drink some ok? Don't need you passing out on me from dehydration. " He smiled again, but you could see the worry hiding behind it. You took a few sips before screwing the top back on.

"Thanks for saving me. Again, Brawly." You smiled. "Just glad you weren't drowning. Those waves are no joke! I'm happy you're ok." He smiled back, making your face heat up a bit. "Well, you just seem to be my hero again. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you." You offered, petting Sealeo's head. Brawly cupped his chin with his fore-finger and thumb. "Y'know there is something you could do for me, and it's only if you want?" You leaned in a little closer, eyes sparkling with excitement. The idea that you could help your crush/favorite surfer/favorite gym leader made you giddy. Brawly leaned in as well, so your noses were almost touching. "Let me take you out to dinner?"

You're pretty sure you squeaked a little when he asked. "W-what?" "Let me take you out." He stated again, as if it was the most obvious thing ever. And how could you pass up such an opportunity? All you could muster up was a nod and a quiet "Ok.."

Brawly's smile just got bigger, "Great! We'll go later!" And he just laid back on the sand and closed his eyes, his Makuhita coming to sit beside him. You blinked, "A-aren't you gonna keep surfing?" You hated the fact that you stuttered. Brawly cracked his eyes open and smiled at you again, "Later, for now, I think I should stick around and keep my date out of more mischief." He winked and closed his eyes again, unable to see the blushing mess he made of you.

" He winked and closed his eyes again, unable to see the blushing mess he made of you