This was a case of delayed gratification versus instant gratification. She would rather wait and use her ultimate weapon in the end to establish an unshakeable foothold for her company, rather than use her status right now to skyrocket Orchidia Beauty’s popularity in a short period of time.

She didn’t want Orchidia Beauty to be a shooting star—shining so brightly at the beginning but then would disappear into oblivion afterwards. Orchidia Beauty should be like a tree. It was only a tiny sprout right now, but she would nurture it carefully and grow it into a fruitful tree that could withstand storms and earthquakes. In the future, she wanted it to multiply into a lush forest.

This was why she didn’t give a whit about the people’s skepticism. As long as she believed in herself, she could create her own star and build a galaxy around it.

By herself, she could fly and soar as freely and as high as she wanted. But with Jin Liwei beside her, she felt like she had powerful rocket boosters supercharging her wings, making her reach higher and even break limits to reach new heights.

Back to the present, Iris thanked the rest of her and Jin Liwei’s families, friends and acquaintances who attended the launch of her company before ending her speech.

Then the Chua siblings took over.

"It’s time! OMG, it’s almost TIME!!!" Dom exclaimed, fanning himself dramatically with one hand while his other hand held the mic.

"Calm down, Big Bro!" Clover scolded her brother before looking at someone below the stage. "Are we live now?"

A man holding a camera directly in front of them gave a thumbs up.

"Alright, we’re now livestreaming on our official Orchidia Beauty website and social media accounts!" Clover announced.

There were also others who had been livestreaming the event inside the grand hall since the beginning, mostly the members of the media who had the official press badges. The beauty influencers and other celebrities among the guests also livestreamed now and then.

However, this particular livestream that just started now was the official one by Orchidia Beauty. In just a few seconds, the viewers jumped from zero to more than a million and it was only increasing by the second. The other active livestreams lost their viewers in favour of the official one.

’Why compete with us?! Why?!!!’the others could only cry in their hearts.

Then a huge white screen above the stage lit up and showed a countdown of five minutes.

Dom called Jin Chonglin to join them on stage. He stood beside Iris, flashing everyone his famous killer smile that never failed to make at least one person swoon. Indeed, as if on cue, someone immediately fainted in the audience from seeing his smile.

Although Iris was the Owner, President and CEO of Orchidia Beauty, she was also one of its endorsers alongside Jin Chonglin. The two of them were the current faces of the company.

Moments later, a table was wheeled to the centre of the stage. It was covered with a blanket printed with the lovely logo of Orchidia Beauty designed by Meimei. The logo looked like an orchid but also a silhouette of woman’s face in one. It was a very clever design.