126-130

Show menu

 NOVEL EBOOK

Novel

His Genius Wife Is A Superstar

 Chapter 126 - Harsh Reality

HIS GENIUS WIFE IS A SUPERSTAR

C126 - Harsh Reality

Chapter 126 - Harsh Reality

When Iris and Dom returned to the room, breakfast was already prepared. Hot, traditional Chinese dishes were specially delivered from the nearest three-star restaurant. Jin Liwei, Long Tengfei and Cao Guang were waiting for her. All of them ate together, including Jin Liwei’s two subordinates.

Iris’ appetite had returned which was a relief to everyone. Jin Liwei made sure to order special dishes for her condition. No spicy or greasy food. Lots of iron-rich ingredients in hot soup-based recipes.

After the meal, Long Tengfei and Cao Guang bid their goodbyes.

Iris wanted to go home that day because she didn’t want to stay in the hospital any longer. However, Dr. Ching sternly told her that she needed to stay another night, so that they could continue monitoring her and make sure that she was recovering well.

Jin Liwei looked exhausted and jet lagged.

"How about you go home and rest?" she suggested, feeling sorry for him. "Don’t worry about me. Dom is here."

"No, baby. I want to stay here with you."

Her heart fluttered. She hugged him.

Jin Liwei, of course, was delighted. His head dipped down and kissed her sweet lips. His breath quickened when her arms wrapped around his neck. He wanted more but held back. Reluctantly, he ended the kiss. The doctor hadn’t cleared his baby girl yet. She might be feeling better now, but he might aggravate her condition with his intensity. Besides, he was exhausted and didn’t have the energy to keep up with his desire. Next time he would show her how much he desired her when they were both recovered.

"I need to sleep for a bit, baby," he said, sighing.

"Go ahead. I’ll just sit here and read a book. This room has a rather nice collection of paperbacks."

"En. Don’t move around too much. Sleep with me when you feel tired."

"Okay."

He gave her another lingering kiss before climbing on her hospital bed. He covered his entire body, even his head, with the blanket. Moments later, his deep, steady breathing could be heard as he fell asleep.

Iris reclined on the couch, a heat pack on her abdomen, enjoying a detective novel she chose from the shelf.

Around lunchtime, Dom picked up Tang Yiyi from the hospital entrance. She carried several take-out boxes bought from a family restaurant on her way to the hospital

"Iris! How are you feeling? I’ve been so worried ever since Dom called me this morning!" Tang Yiyi immediately inspected his artist from head to toe after putting the food on the table.