416-420

Show menu

 NOVEL EBOOK

Novel

His Genius Wife Is A Superstar

 Chapter 416 - Poor Man’s Cross Academy

HIS GENIUS WIFE IS A SUPERSTAR

C416 - Poor Man’s Cross Academy

Chapter 416 - Poor Man’s Cross Academy

Iris tilted her head to the side, pondering about the bombshell Wei Lan just dropped. The others looked shocked, even Jin Liwei, when they learned that Wei Lan was now an official viscountess. They never expected this kind of development at all. However, Iris wasn’t very affected or impressed. She didn’t care about inherited titles like this.

"Mother, if you’re a viscountess now, why are you staying here at your daughter’s place? Does your husband only have a title but no money? He can’t even afford to provide his wife accommodations?" Iris asked.

"Oh, honey! Not at all! Your mother’s husband is veeeeeery wealthy, but I don’t know how wealthy. He came from old money after all, so it’s a bit difficult to exactly estimate his entire wealth," Wei Lan explained. "I decided to stay here at your place because I just want to spend some quality time with yoooouuuu, my beloved daughter!"

Iris gave an unconvinced look. Even the others didn’t believe her.

Wei Lan looked wounded by their skepticism. "It’s true! Honey, belieeeeeve me! I really want to spend more time with my own daughter! I learned so much from my husband! After becoming lovers, we travelled all over the Mediterranean, exploring many places. Then we travelled to North Africa next and then to South America. He brought me to some of the poooooorest places in those regions. At first I hated it but as time passed, Mother’s heart was touched!

"Oh honey! I saw sooooooo much suffering and poverty during my travels! Ah! My heart breaks just remembering all the people I’ve met! My husband is a philanthropist, so he and his adopted son are using their wealth and status to help the less fortunate."

Wei Lan wiped (invisible) tears from her eyes for effect. Nevertheless, she still sounded genuine enough. Then she continued describing the horrid living conditions of all the poor people she met.

Moments later, both Dom and Clover were so affected by her stories that the siblings started sobbing.

"Wuwuwu! That’s so heartbreaking! Now I feel bad that I’m eating so much when there are so many people in the world who literally have nothing to eat!" Dom cried while shoving more food into his mouth. "I’m so thankful that I’m so blessed! Wuwuwu!"

"I know! So sad! That kind of stories are actually also common in my country, the Philippines. When foreigners come out of the airport, they see the skyscrapers, huge malls and all the rich parts of the city. But just an hour away, the poorest of the poor are living in conditions barely fit for humans," Clover said next, wiping her tears and blowing her nose.

"Exactly! My husband and I are actually planning on visiting the poorest places in Southeast Asia next," Wei Lan said. "But since he’s extremely busy right now, I’ll just wait for him here in China until he finishes all of his matters and follows me here."