Vol 10/Ch 97: The Blue Rose's Feelings

"I admit defeat," Rose's words echoed throughout Allen's mind.

Those three words meant he had not only won the duel against Rose Marion, but passed one of his conditions. He would also be promoted back to D rank, which was a step closer to reaching C Rank, the last thing he needed to do to make it to his second year. However, it would seem one such individual was highly against this outcome.

"Allen Fleming!," Ellen Marion yelled, as she stood up from her seat, her eyes practically throwing daggers at Allen.

Allen knew what was to come, and it would just be another hurdle he would have to overcome. However, he was not alone.

Rose Marion, their Student Council President and one of Allen's dear friends, looked over at him, with determination in her eyes. The same eyes and expression she once held before William was removed from his position, and her mother Ellen took over.

With my victory over her, she's now back over to us, Allen reminded himself. I'll trust her, and we will overcome this hurdle together.

After all, this hurdle was not just something Allen had to overcome, but Rose's as well. With Ellen promising she wouldn't control Rose anymore if Allen won against her daughter, she would have to follow through due to Allen's victory. However, that didn't mean she wouldn't try to convince her daughter to stay with her by any means possible.

With their energy starting to return back to them, both Allen and Rose stood up from the ground, and walked towards the center of the arena, so they could face Ellen Marion head on together. Allen sheathed his sword away, but still felt a ping of guilt as he saw the broken shards of Rose's former rapier laying on the floor of the arena.

Guess I'll deal with that later, Allen thought, as he turned his attention back on Ellen.
With all eyes in the arena now on Ellen, the arena became eerily quiet as everyone awaited for what she had to say. Both Allen and Rose prepared to face her together, as a team rather than enemies or rivals.

"This outcome is absolutely unacceptable!," she yelled, filling the silence of the arena. "My talented daughter, losing to a peasant mage as yourself? Impossible!"

Rose looked over at Allen, with a sort of tiredness in her eyes. Her confidence still remained, however Allen noticed her body shaking, though very slightly. It was taking everything Rose had to stand up to her mother like this, so Allen decided he will do everything he can to stand with her.

"And our family's precious and prestigious rapier breaking? I simply cannot believe or understand how a weak mage such as yourself could defeat my own daughter, lest break our treasured heirloom! Is this how you disgrace the memory of my daughter Lucy, who once proudly wielded that same rapier?!"

Ignoring Ellen for a moment, Allen noticed Mr. Garet sitting next to her, who had a look of annoyance on his face that only seemed to get worse the more Ellen spoke. Mr. Lyon didn't sit far from them, who only seemed to be observing with curious eyes.

After turning his attention back to her, he quickly thought to himself how to best respond as Ellen impatiently awaited his response. In truth, he did not mean to destroy her rapier, and was solely the outcome of their final clash between each other.

However, as he thought about it, he believes that same rapier Rose cared about also held her in place, keeping her under her mother's foothold. After Lucy's unfortunate death, as told to Allen by Rose, the expectations and responsibilities once held by Lucy were practically thrown to Rose.

"It does not matter if you think I should have lost to Rose, the result remains the same. In addition, I didn't mean to destroy her rapier, and was only a result of our last clash," Allen explained. "Regardless of the matter, you should not be forcing your wishes and goals onto Rose, and should let her choose her own path. The path that her sister Lucy once walked should not be shoved to her"