Vol 2/Ch 14 - A Practice Duel with the Blue Rose

After his meeting with William, and unexpectedly with Rose, Allen had headed back to his dorm room for the night. He wasn't sure how he was going to tell Thomas and Cecily later that Rose had agreed to train him for his upcoming duel with Nathaniel.

As of recently, he had been training with both Thomas and Cecily, anytime the three of them had the chance. He wasn't sure how they would react if he suddenly told them Rose would begin training him. He figured they would be okay with it, but he didn't want to ditch them to instead train with Rose, even if temporary.

Then again, he remembered how Thomas reacted when he first mentioned how William thought it would be a great idea if Allen and Rose trained together. Thomas had thought it was interesting, and he even seemed a little jealous too. She is the Student Council President after all, but that didn't really matter to Allen. Allen focuses on an individual's personality and how they treat other people over some title they may possess. Allen will respect those in higher positions if they live up to their title, no matter how high their title may be.

Allen kept thinking various thoughts in his head when he had finally drifted off to sleep. He once again had a similar dream to what he had not long ago. His first dream was when he had recently turned nine, and William had introduced him to a young girl who didn't look that much older than him. This time, he was a little bit older.

He dreamt of when he was ten years old. He still wielded the wooden sword that William had given him. And often, he would spar with William in order to get better at wielding a sword. No matter how many times Allen had challenged William, he never won once.

At one point within the dream, the mysterious girl showed up, which resulted in the dream similar to his other one. The interesting thing was, this girl too trained with a wooden sword like Allen. But, she seemed to be uncomfortable with it. She seemed to be most uncomfortable with its weight, and how she held the sword. Even with her being uncomfortable with the sword, she had talent when it came to using a sword. Allen and her would duel as William had watched them. No matter how many times Allen tried, she always bested him.

While within the dream, Allen tried to get a better look at who this mysterious girl was, but her face always seemed to be blurred out. Perhaps the dream didn't want him to know who it was, or maybe Allen didn't know who she was even if he saw her face. Then again, this was all a dream and most likely was something that never happened. Allen was sure that if he had met a girl like this when he was younger, he'd remember to today.

Before he could continue with the dream, it had suddenly ended. He woke up in his bed to the sun rising. Today would be another day of class, but also his first day of training with Rose.

When he walked into class, he could see a curious looking Cecily, and an eagerly looking Thomas.

"So, how did the meeting go with the head director yesterday?," Thomas asked as Allen took his seat next to him.

"Well, there was quite a bit," Allen scratched his head, thinking where to start.

"Oh, why don't you explain it then?"

"He should probably tell us after class," Cecily said. "It looks like Ms. Florence will be teaching again today"

Sure enough, she was giving a lesson today. Whether or not Allen already knew what she will be talking about will be up for debate until she starts teaching.

After the end of the lesson, Thomas and Cecily looked over to Allen, most likely expecting him to start explaining his story. After noticing them looking over at him, he finally told them the whole story.

"Wait seriously?! She finally agreed to train you?!," Thomas raised his voice in excitement.

"Yeah. After I told her that I was going to be dueling Nathaniel, she agreed to train me, at least until the duel happens," Allen explained.