Vol 6/Ch 56 - The Magical Knight Divisions

"Ah crap, today's the last day," Allen mumbled to himself as he rolled out of bed. Today would be the last day Allen and his friends would be in the Magical Knights Training Program.

They had spent the last two days pretty much doing what they did on day one: touring outside of the areas of the main London marketplace, learning about what magical knights do on a day-to-day basis, how they protect the cities of London, and how they handle their security.

Allen, Thomas, and Cecily were all bummed out with the coming of the last day of the training program. However, since their training program is ending, that should mean their club meetings should start up again soon!

Once Allen and everyone else had arrived at the D ranked classroom - Mr. Lyon's classroom - Philip began to explain their plans for today.

"Alright everyone, I know you're bummed out with today being our last day! However, we have something special planned for today!," Philip announced.

After Philip talked, almost everyone in the room started to get antsy as to what the special plan was.

Normally everyone in the room would just listen in, but as the week had progressed, everyone started to warm up to Philip more, and even a little towards Jerome, though he didn't talk much.

"Today, we will all meet up with the other groups in one of the areas outside of the main London marketplace, near the official Triumvirate building!," he began to explain.

The Triumvirate, Allen thought. They're the current governing figure of elemental magic. And the ones who execute fire mages.

"Why, you may ask? It's so all of you can learn the opportunities in store for you when you graduate in three years!," he explained. "We will actually be having a Division IV squad, yes you heard me right, that will be personally speaking to all of you regarding the magical knight divisions!"

Excitement within the room grew larger. After all, it is a Division IV squad. Allen had learned in the past few days that a new member in the Division squads starts at a rank of I, and can work their way up to the rank of IV.

Earning a rank is based on merit and performance, which means it would be harder to be promoted with each rank you earn, V being the most difficult.

This would explain everyone's excitement, as there are fewer Division IV ranks compared to Philip and Jerome's rank of Division II.

"Normally today our third member would also tag along, but as I had previously explained on our first day, she currently has some business to attend to," he explained, with a slight sad look on his face. "Anyways, it will be once again Jerome and I today, and if everyone is ready, we shall go ahead and make our way there!"

Everyone immediately began to get out of their seats, making conversations with their friends and classmates, as they began to shuffle outside of the room to follow Philip and Jerome. Mr. Lyon would be following behind them.

"Our last day is finally here," Allen sighed, as he got up out of his seat.

"Why Allen? Why must today be our last day?," Thomas exclaimed.

"You are just sad that we will be returning to our normal classes after the weekend," Cecily remarked, as she got up, her face engrossed in her textbook once again.

"You remind me of someone we all know, in our class, who seems to read all the time," Thomas grinned.

"Oh? Care to say that again?," Cecily asked, glaring at Thomas.

"Umm, no...," Thomas looked away as he began to follow Allen, as Allen was laughing.

The three of them finally made their way with the others, as they left the academy grounds.