Vol 7/Ch 61 - A Return to Lyfast

Allen felt a familiar, warm breeze as he had his eyes closed. He knew this welcoming sensation, as this was normal for him every waking day for fifteen years. Allen was finally back in his hometown of Lyfast.

A month really has gone by so quickly, Allen thought as he opened his eyes and took in the scenery around him. Yep, everything here is really how I remember it.

While not many people lived in Lyfast, Allen could see some of the village folk already up and tending to their farms, which they did daily. The adults worked while the children would learn and play. While London had been definitely a different and welcoming take for Allen, he still can't help prefer and love his hometown.

Allen is taking a carriage to visit his family back in Lyfast, who he hasn't seen in months, ever since attending the Magical Knights Academy. He's been sending them letters here and there, but he's been wanting to see them in person.

Luckily, he got permission from William, the Head Director of the Academy, to do this short one day trip out during the weekend. His only condition was to head back later that night so that way he could get back in time for his classes.

And luckily for him, he recently was promoted to D Rank with his friends Thomas (or Tom) and Cecily (or Lily). They recently had a smooth transfer over to Mr. Lyon's class, the same class that the other D ranks Adam, Oliver, and Sybil they know are in.

Allen was very excited to finally be promoted to D rank and in turn gained the silver "1D" pin that replaced his old silver "1F" pin. It definitely gave him a sense of accomplishment and helped him feel like ranking up from F rank was not impossible. But unfortunately for him, he must still make it to C rank by the end of the year if he wishes to continue to his second year.

After all, he was given three conditions by none other than William himself at the entrance exams in order to attend the academy: Start off at F rank, make it to C rank, and win four consecutive duels in the upcoming annual magical knights tournament.

While Allen knew this would be tough, he decided he would give it his all, and has not been astray since that decision. And now, he and his friends have all been closely training for the upcoming tournament that is coming up very soon, starting with the preliminary rounds.

But enough about all that, Allen thought. It's time to take a small break and see my family.

While his family may not be related by blood, that didn't matter for Allen, as he loves them as if they were. He still intends on searching for who his real parents are, but that search as well as his academy matters are paused for just today.

"I'm home!," Allen yelled out loud as he started to reach into the heart of his village. A small grin appeared on his face as he knew his family was only minutes away.

The carriage had finally stopped, and Allen quickly hopped out. After paying his carriage driver and instructing him he would be back later, he finally headed out to see his family and the townspeople.

"Allen!," two young kids shouted as they ran towards him.

"Henry, Mabel, how are you two doing?," Allen asked with a friendly smile, patting the top of both of their heads.

"We're fine, but dad and mom want to see you!," Henry responded.

"Yeah! Mom and dad were talking about you seeing us today," Mabel added.

"Good to hear. Do you want to walk with me back to the house?," Allen asked.

"Yeah!," the two of them responded, as they were already on their way.