Vol 1/Ch 10 - The Infamous C Ranker

"Well now," William chuckled. "Wasn't that the interesting display we had there"

Allen sat there for a moment processing what had just happened between William, Rose and him. After Rose left, the air in the room seemed to calm down a little, as if Rose's presence tensed the air at any given time.

"I suppose you could call it that," Allen shrugged.
"So, what did you think of her?," William asked, his head leaning in, eyes filled with curiosity.

"Oh, what do I think of Rose?," Allen asked, giving it some thought. "She seems interesting enough"

William seemed to sit and ponder for a moment, then spoke again. "Anything else at all? Anything you notice about her?"

"No, not really," Allen shook his head. "I suppose I would say she seemed a bit more stressed and out of place than what she normally appears to be"

"Is that so? Nothing at all seems familiar about her? Anything at all?," he asked as he seemed to lean forward even more.

Allen thought it was strange that William asked him that question. After all, this was the first time he's ever met Rose if you don't count the opening ceremony. Unless he's met her before?

"Not that I can think of. I suppose a little bit, but I mean this is the first time I've met her, so I am not sure," Allen told him.

"I see," William spoke while staring into space, then decided to change the subject. "So, how is your class going so far? I know we're only a few weeks in, but are you making any progress in your class?"

"Yeah a bit," Allen responded, nodding. "Although all the stuff we're learning is stuff I already know or our teacher just has us self study"

William let out a little laugh. "Well, that is the F rank class for sure. Though I suspect you won't be in there for long. Just continue your studies and training and you'll be out of there soon enough"

"Well eventually I think I will, but it's a matter of C rank I have to worry about," Allen said, giving William a slight stare. After all, William is technically the reason he has these conditions.

"Ah yes, that," William nodded as he let out a slight chuckle. "As you remember, you wouldn't have been able to attend if I didn't give you those conditions. But don't worry, you can easily increase your rank in your participation in the tournament. If you do well, your rank can be increased"

"And that's if I even have a chance in the tournament," Allen laughed.

"Oh don't worry Allen. Long as you keep training, I'm sure you will do well in the tournament," William encouraged him with a smile.

"Well, training every day is pretty much the plan already," Allen shrugged.

"Aside from your class, have you made any new friends?," William asked.

"Oh yeah, I have. Tom and Lily from my class," Allen responded.

"Oh, you must mean Thomas Terrastone and Cecily Rivertide? Rather interesting," he smiled.

"Wait, do you know them, William?," Allen asked, curious.

"Of course I know them," William explained. "I am a Windblade, after all. Of course I would know members of the other great families".

"Ah that's right," Allen said as he remembered about William being in the Windblade family.
"So, I presume you've been training with them, yes? What do you think of them?," William asked, finally leaning back in his chair.

"They both are good at fighting for the most part. We've all been training together for the past week or so each day. I think each of them are doing really well," Allen explained.