Vol 7/Ch 65 - The Preliminary Rounds Begin

"I'm going to win this time, Allen!," Rose shouted, running straight for him.

"I think you mean me, Rosy!," Allen grinned, blocking her attack with his sword.

"Excuse me? Want to say that again?," Rose asked with a small glare, as she was trying to push Allen's sword with her own rapier.

"Sure. I said I think you mean me, Rosy!" Allen repeated himself, pushing her rapier off of him, and going in for a strike.

"Oh, you're getting it now!," she shouted, quickly maneuvering to dodge his attack, and then going in for another one.

All of the training club members were present, as they were preparing as much as they could for the preliminary rounds that are about to begin. Everyone was training, except for Sarah, who watched in the sidelines as each of the members were dueling against each other. Rose against Allen, Thomas against Cecily, and August against Stephen.

"C'mon Allen, I know you can win!," Sarah shouted, cheering him on.

"Oh? Seems like you have a fan, Allen. Should I show her how quickly you could lose?," Rose asked, with a menacing smile.

"Ah, I'm going to take a hard pass on that!," Allen shouted, remembering what Rose could be like when she's like this.

After all, Stephen was still recovering from what Rose did to him during the assembly to announce the preliminaries, Allen thought as he grimaced.

After their duel continued for a few minutes, Rose had finally beaten him fair and square.

"And that's my victory once again!," Rose declared, proud of herself.

"Okay, but I won last time," Allen reminded her.

"Last time doesn't matter!," she gave him the same, menacing smile as before.

"I guess last time doesn't matter!," Allen quickly agreed with her.

"Thank you," she gave him a big smile.

Allen looked at her, and then quickly looked away in both fear and surprise. Once everyone was finished with their own duels, all of them reconvened to take a short break.

"So Allen, any news on who could be our club sponsor?," Stephen asked.

"Yeah, I did"

In the short week since William had advised Allen that the training club could not get more club members until they had gotten a permanent club sponsor, Allen had been informing the rest of the training club of the progress he has been making so far.

Shortly after Allen had asked Mr. Lyon if he could be their club sponsor and he declined, he had informed Thomas and Cecily the next day, in addition to Adam, Sybil and Oliver. Adam had suggested that he ask the rest of the club members if their teacher could be their club sponsor.

"And? What was the response?," Stephen asked, eager for the answer.

"Yeah, I had asked Mr. Lyon, but he's already a sponsor to another club," Allen advised him.

"Ah, that's such a shame," Stephen shook his head. "If only we knew sooner about this new rule..."

"From what I could tell, William was informed of this not long before telling me," Allen advised him.

"Hmph, this whole situation is annoying," Rose added. "I would ask my own teacher, but I know he's a sponsor to a club already. What about you Stephen?"

"Yeah, good idea. I should ask my teacher," Stephen nods in agreement. "After all, I would love to talk to her anyday"

As his usual grin appeared on his face, everyone in the room rolled their eyes. Rose was about ready to smack him, before Stephen pleaded for forgiveness.