Vol 10/Ch 91 - An Infamous Ranker Defeated

"Nathaniel Rivertide?!," Allen asked out loud, his eyes widening in complete surprise. Just where did Nathaniel come from? And what did he want?

With only a day passed after dueling against Nathaniel Rivertide in Allen's third duel in the tournament, the last person he expected to see was Nathaniel himself, but yet here he was, in the same infirmary room as Allen, in the back corner of the room near the window.

"Well, are you just going to remain sitting there?," he asked, with a small chuckle. "Or are you going to walk over here so we can have a nice little chat?"

Allen gritted his teeth harder with each word that came out of Nathaniel's mouth. He could not stand him at all, especially how he has treated him, as well as his friends. Just why should he try to talk to him? Wouldn't it be better to ignore him?
"I know you can hear me, this room is relatively small," Nathaniel spoke again. "Would you rather me talk to you from all the way over here?"

Allen clicked his tongue as he realized he didn't have a choice. He was better getting closer to him to find out his intentions, rather than listen to him from a distance. Although he still hesitated a little, he made his way over to where Nathaniel's voice was coming from.

Allen's once enemy lay in an infirmary bed, with bandages all around his body, no doubt caused by Allen's attack from their duel. Nathaniel's focus remained outside the window, in his own thoughts.

Well, at least in not in any shape to attack me even if he wanted to, Allen thought to himself,

Nathaniel waited a moment, before turning his attention over to Allen, who remained standing at a good distance away from him, but just close enough to hear everything he would be about to say.

"Don't worry, I only wish to speak to you, and mean no harm," Nathaniel promised him. "But if it makes you feel better to keep your distance, I do not blame you"

"Enough about that," Allen cut in. "What do you want?"

"Want?," Nathaniel asked, almost confused by the question. "No, there's nothing I want other than a small talk with you. I admit I do not delve into things unless it has any value to me. That being said, this conversation alone is enough to satisfy me, and you might want to listen to what I have to say"

"Why should I listen to anything you have to say?," Allen asked, raising his voice. "After-"

"You'll listen if you want information regarding Ellen Marion," Nathaniel advised him, his face not wavering.

Allen looked like he wanted to say something, but gave up and decided to take a seat instead. Allen's biggest priority was winning his upcoming fourth duel, and the largest issue posing a threat to him is Ellen Marion. If he wanted to know everything he could about Ellen, it was better to listen to what Nathaniel had to say.

"Firstly, I want to congratulate you on your victory against me," Nathaniel spoke, giving him an amused look. "Never before have I been defeated like that, which would make you the first person to take me down on a one on one duel"

Allen gave him an odd look, as if he was beginning to question if he was really speaking to Nathaniel or not. After all, Nathaniel has never been the kind of person to uplift anyone but himself.

"I had earned quite a reputation as you know due to my behaviors and my contant wins against others, earning me my nickname. But in a way, that ended the other day with your victory against me," Nathaniel explained, as he gestured to his bandages. "In the end, I suppose you could say I was the one who was humiliated. Funny, right?"
Allen opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but gritted his teeth. He decided it would be best to remain quiet so he could get the information he needed.