Vol 6/Ch 58 - Rank D Exams

It has been several days since the last day of the Magical Knights Training Program held by the academy, as well as the fire mage incident that happened on the last day.

While many were thrown off due to the whole incident, luckily no one was harmed. All the students were safely escorted back to the academy.

Allen had returned with Thomas and Cecily before they were escorted back, which both of them were very worried about Allen. Cecily also made sure to scold Allen a little for his actions, but she was mostly worried about his safety.

They weren't able to get into touch with Adam, Sybil and Oliver (the D ranks they were recently acquainted with), since the incident, however Philip assured them that they were safe and unharmed.

Luckily Philip promised to keep Allen's reckless actions under the rug provided Allen stuck with his promise not to do anything reckless like that again. Allen agreed and was thankful, and so Philip stayed quiet. Allen was also glad, otherwise William would've ripped him a new one if he found out, despite William's generally friendly personality.

Not long after they had arrived back at the academy, Allen had finally gotten in contact with William again. William had given him good news - clubs were back in session!

While clubs were back in session, William advised him to be careful and to stay safe - due to the incident that occurred - and to be prepared for clubs to be temporarily suspended at any time if the academy believes the students are in any danger.

The first day of the five day academy week was back, and Allen was back in his F ranked class with Thomas and Cecily.

The three of them sat together with their desks next to each other, as they normally did when they were studying together. Ms. Florence sat at her own desk, reading like she normally did, and the other two students were once again preoccupied with whatever they decided to do.

"So, what are we studying today Lily?," Allen asked, actually eager for once to learn, as he was awaiting the day they would take their D rank exams.

"Actually, I have something else in mind for today," Cecily responded. Did she have something good in mind?
"And what's that?," Thomas asked, leaning in. "Anything's better than studying!"

Cecily gave him a small glare before speaking. "Actually, I believe we are all ready to take our D rank exams! It's time we advance to D rank!"

"What?!?," Allen and Thomas both exclaimed at once.

It's almost as if she read my mind, Allen couldn't help but think and laugh in his head.

"No no no. You can't be serious, can you?," Thomas asked, concerned. "There's no way I'm ready!"

"I am completely serious," Cecily spoke confidently. "Besides, we have to get to D rank before the end of the year, otherwise we don't graduate!"

"You're... right," Thomas reluctantly agreed.

Well I need C rank before the end of the year, but that's another matter, Allen nervously thought.

"So, what perfect timing would it be if we were to do it today!," Cecily smiled. "I know we are all ready, if not double that! So what do you guys say?"

"Sure, I'm ready!," Allen agreed. "I'm ready to move to D rank!"

"Tom?," Cecily asked, awaiting his response.

"Yeah... let's do it," he reluctantly agreed. "But, don't expect me to do perfect!"

"It's alright, I know you can!," Cecily beamed.