I ran away 3

I didn’t go for breakfast the next day. I stayed inside my room until after ten in the morning. I heard a gentle knock on my bedroom door before Sarah opened it and walked toward the bed where I was lying. She looked worried.

“Farah, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” she sat beside the bed and stared at me worriedly. “You didn’t come for breakfast. You don’t look okay, your eyes are red.”

“I’m fine,” I whispered gently.

I took a deep breath and turned away. “I’m only missing dad and mum.”

She touched my cheeks gently and turned my face to her. She stared into my eyes. “I’m here, hm? We still have each other. We need to stay strong for each other. Please for my sake don’t do anything stupid. I don’t want to loose you. I can’t bear to loose you.” She whispered as the tears fell from her eyes. I burst into tears has we hugged each other tightly.

I wanted to tell her about everything but I couldn’t bear to see her suffer anymore. We heard each other for minutes before she released herself and promised to check on me later.

Few minutes later, I heard the door opened. I looked up and saw Uncle Richard. I sat up and shouted.

“What do you think you are doing here? Are you here to finish what you’ve started yesterday? I won’t sit down here and let you take advantage of, my innocence again. I will make sure I fight you, if that is the last thing I do on this earth.”

He looked at me guiltily. He stood at the door not taking a step further. “I came here to apologize for what I did to you. I…”

“Apologize?” I screamed. “You raped me and you want to apologize after what you’ve done?” I shouted so loud, my voice broke.

He looked everywhere except me. “I was drunk. I wasn’t thinking.”

I have heard enough, if he doesn’t leave now, I will stab him to death.

“Get out.” I roared.

“I never meant to hurt you.” He said taking fast steps toward the bed. I tried to stand up but the pain in my stomach made me fall back into the bed. He came nearer and touched me. I jumped and fell onto the floor. A loud scream escaped my lips and I heard footsteps coming toward my room, before Sarah came running beside me

“What happened to you?” she looked worried.

“Tell him to get out.” I whispered coldly.

She looked behind her and saw Uncle Richard. She looked back at me confused. “Uncle Richard?” she asked me.

“Just tell him to get out.” I screamed and burst into tears. Sarah stared at me worriedly, and then glared at Uncle Richard.

“You heard her.” She snapped. I heard the door open and close. I released the tears and they fell heavily on my body.

“What’s going on between you and Uncle Richard?” Sarah asked angrily.

I shook my head and dashed the tears from my eyes with my hands. “Nothing.”

“Nothing?” she growled. She stared deeply into my eyes. Her brownish eyes where reflection of anger. “You better start talking.”

I couldn’t tell her what happened. I knew she wouldn’t think twice before plugging a knife deep into Uncle Richard’s chest. I didn’t want her to be a murderer and a prisoner. I shook my head and sat up.

“He tried to rape me,” her eyes had gone red and were shinning with anger and hatred. “But I fought him off. “I said quickly.

Silence…..