I was raped 2

I’ve been to Uncle Richard’s house before, but I was still eight then. Now, as we emerged into the manor, I realized how magnificent and great it looked. I stared at the red roof that rose high into the sky. I stood there and surveyed the manor around me.

We were been led into the sitting room. It was warm and beautiful. I didn’t realize how rich uncle Richard was until now. He was two years older than my mum. He was thirty seven. My mum gave birth to us when she was seventeen. She told me that she fell in love with dad when she was sixteen and half, and six months later she discovered she was pregnant. Dad was nineteen then but he took responsibility and had been taking care of her and the twins since then. My grandparents were dead and it was Uncle Richard that was the only her relation. We climbed the marble stairway as Uncle Richard led us to our room.

“Where are the servants?” I asked curiously. This house was very big but there was no servant anywhere except for the gatekeeper.

“They will be here soon. Just two of them. They don’t stay here.’ He opened a wide door and entered. We followed him in. My mouth dropped opened because before me was a bright and charming room. The king sized bed was covered with delicate silk quilt and the room was as huge as my dad’s. I swallowed the tears that burned my eyes as I remembered my parents again.

“Is this your room?” I looked at Uncle Richard. He smiled down at me.

“No, it’s going to be your new room.” I gasped. I heard Sarah gasp too. We stared at each other.

Uncle Richard laughed. “My room is much bigger than this. This is Farah’s room while yours,” he said, facing Sarah. “Is the next room.”

“What? You mean this room is mine alone?” I was surprised. This room was too big for me.

“Yes dear. It’s all yours.” He answered and led us to Sarah’s room. Sarah’s room was similar to mine.

We went to dinner later that night and Uncle Richard informed us about a dinner party that he had organized with his colleagues at work. He said that it was going to take place in his house the following week.

Through out that week, I was either in my room watching movies or in Sarah’s room, chatting about old times. We would cry until we fall asleep in each other’s arms. Uncle Richard was not always at home, but he comes often and say ‘hi’ once in a while. He never made any indirect approach toward me again.

He took us for shopping the day before the dinner party. He made us feel at home, but it would never be compared to old times, with my parent.

On the night of the dinner party, I went to my wardrobe to decide on what to wear. I shifted through the hanged clothes and took a light pink sleeveless gown. The neckline was heart-shaped and made my chest more revealing. I gazed at myself on the mirror and smiled bitterly. I remembered dad and mum again. I was trying to have a good time and forget about them, but I knew that it was going to take sometime to not being with them but I would never forget them.

I pinned up my blue black hair and applied a slight touch of makeup. I heard a gentle knock on my bedroom door. It was Sarah, dressed in a light yellow sleeveless gown but not that revealing. She smiled at me.

“Are you ready?” she asked in a small voice. I looked at my sister and felt the tears burning my eyes again. She had become silent and gentle.

“Yes.” I whispered gently. I took her hand and proceeded downstairs.

* * * * * * * *

People were already in the sitting room. Ladies, gentlemen and only one young guy that was my age or older by his look. I guessed that all these people were thirty in number. I spotted Uncle Richard among them. He was standing with a woman that looked younger than him. The woman was laughing at what he was saying. He turned and looked in our direction. His face lit up when his eyes met mine. He walked up to us and smiled.