13

Time went by, slow and painful but as the days went on I felt a little better. Leo stopped being such an asshole, but we still hung out less than normal. Ry joined our friend group and fit in quite well. Moxie was starting to be around me more and more and I could potentially see us being together If I thought about it logically. We're friends, we get along well, she's a girl and it could lead to a family.

But I know that's not what I want, I know I don't get butterflies in my stomach when Im around her and knowing it was an arms reach away in my best friend made things even harder. maybe he was right, maybe us being so close was actually keeping me from growing. If I don't grow and he grows then i'm going to be left behind. He made it clear that he was okay with dating boys, going on a few grinder dates that, to my glee turned our horrible every time. Apparently a lot of gay's want to have sex with strangers they meet on an app.

Summer was officially in full bloom and children were running around the camp like wild animals. I never thought Id be here at this age, but working at a camp you went to every year as a kid seemed like a decent summer. And to make it better, the whole crew decided to apply. We all got our own staff cabin and have been here for a week. There was now air conditioning in cabins and new flags put up to show the campers which corresponding flag matched their shirt was their cabin for the summer.

"Im glad we're here." Leo throws a soccer ball back into the playing zone and puts his hands in his pockets. He was wearing shorts and a white and black rep jersey. A whistle hands on a string around his neck.

"Me too, I set down the bucket of water bottles I had grabbed from the kitchen. Almost the whole team ran over at once to grab one.

"Did you want to maybe go check out our old cabin later?" He smiles over at me and grins, "Alex" He snickers and I look down at my name tag. Of course they got it wrong, as if I thought they would be so excited to have us come work here since we were campers. Sadly most of the staff have changed over the years and there were only a few people who really remembered who we were.

"You mean you and Axels Cabin?" I cross my arms, covering the name tag.

"Hey, Im sure it could be fun, pretending to be someone else," He winks at me and ruffles my hair. "Alex seems pretty dope."

"Dope? Well who are you then, because Leo doesn't say 'dope'." I cringe at him, frowning in disgust.

"Maybe i'm not me either. Maybe it would be nice to meet you all over again." His side smile made my stomach feel weird. I haven't got to see this side of Leo in a while. Maybe it was the warmth and the nostalgia, but this camp always made him act flirty. I grabbed the empty bucket, walking quickly back to the kitchen. Im not sure what to think about us, the camp brought so many memories back that It felt like nothing had changed.

That scared me.

Im shivering at the end of the dock, the sun had just went down and a group wanted to swim in the dark. But the sun wasn't the only thing that had gone down, because it was freezing now.

"Alex come in the water!" One of the kids pout, others look over and agree.

"Alex can't swim guys, he's a chicken." Leo laughs, already in the water with the kids. My eyes narrow and I watch them all laugh together as they splashed in the water. Leo had his shirt off, his toned arms and torso made me want to jump into the watch and forgive him for everything. But that didn't mean he had forgave me either. As much as I want to put the blame on him, the fight we had was bad and friends or not we had to take time to know how to act around each other.

One minute we would hardly talk, acting as if we were hardly roommates, then the next we would be making dinner together as if we were the same ol' best friends.