Chapter Sixty-Two

Start from the beginning

Aemond couldn't help but grin to himself at Elia's words. He was crazy about this side of power and brutality that Elia had. Though he still worried for her at points, he worried this war might just make her go mad, especially if the family she so dearly loved continued to die.

"Such acts are treasonous indeed.." Cregan said, taking a pause as he looked toward Aemond a moment. "But those you burned had families, some were probably only boys just wanting to return for a warm supper with their mother, or their siblings." He said, completely disagreeing with Elia's actions.

"And they could have, if they bent the knee." Elia replied back almost instantly.

"Lord Staunton swore to your mother. He cannot just break that oath." Cregan stated. "Will my head be mounted on a spike at Winterfells gates next? Considering I'm fighting for your mothers cause." He questioned.

"I suppose this means you will not come to my side instead?" Elia was the one to question now.

Cregan shook his head, "I've already sworn to your mother, I cannot." He said.

"You swore to my mother with the intention of fighting for me." Elia retorted.

"I know, but it does not change the fact that I swore for her cause. The Starks have been the most honourable house in all the seven kingdoms since the first Stark. I will not taint that honour and reputation for our friendship, I'm sorry Elia." Cregan said, a sadness behind his eyes.

Elia glanced over at Aemond, who appeared to be rather calm. The king consort was sitting in silence, just observing and listening while his wife did the talking. Though it seemed all was in vain, they should have known better than to expect House Stark of all Houses to abandon honour.

"I would hope we remain friends." Cregan said sincerely.

Elia rose from her chair and held her hands behind her back. There was a long silence of thought before Elia finally nodded. "Of course we will. I wish you good fortune my Lord, and that you and your family may yet survive this war." She said before swiftly turning and making her way out of the main hall with Aemond following closely behind.

"What now?" Aemond asked as he and Elia walked swiftly through Winterfell and then out the gates toward where their dragons were waiting.

"All houses in the north have sworn to my mother, under the influence of House Stark.." she trailed off a moment as she came up to Phoenix's head and gave her a soft pat. "But there's one house whom have not sworn to anyone." She grinned.

Aemond frowned, "Who?" He asked, knowing that most if not all other houses in Westeros had already sworn to either Rhaenyra or Aegon.

Elia climbed onto her crimson she-dragons back before looking back to her husband. "House Martell of Dorne." She answered.

Aemond swiftly climbed onto Vhagar before glancing back at his wife with a frown. "House Martell has never bent the knee. Even Aegon could not conquer Dorne." He said, seeming to disagree with the idea.

Elia chuckled, "Who said anything about conquering Dorne? I lived in Dorne with the Martells for a few many years. I'm quite close with Prince Mallor Martell. Do you not recall? I told everyone this at our first reunion dinner." She said.

"I recall it yes, but Dorne will not be easy to persuade, and Prince Mallor is not ruler, Qoren is." Aemond stated, looking unsure of this plan.

"Prince Qoren and I are may not be as close as Mallor and I, but do remember I dined with them everyday and night for breakfast and supper. We are friendly with each other at the least." Elia explained.

Aemond sighed, "If you believe it to be the right move, then I will follow you. But do not expect me to be friendly with those that once wished to have your hand in marriage." He said, glaring at the thought of any other Prince having Elia as their bride.

"I'd be a fool to expect that of you Aemond." She teased before taking Phoenix's reins up in her hands. "Sōves Phoenix." She spoke.

....

Elia, Aemond and their five dragons descended from the clouds above, drawing nearer to the ground as the castle of Sunspear came into sight. Dorne was truly an incredible sight, and it gave Elia a warmth of memories and happiness she once had in this place.

The dragons landed just outside of the castles walls, landing near the shore so they were still out of the way of those whom would need to pass by to get in and out of the castle.

Elia and Aemond both slipped off their dragons before making their way over to the two guards stood at the front gate.

"I wish to speak with Prince Qoren Martell." Elia said as she stood herself straight and strong.

Aemond stood close at her side, glaring at the two guards.

"Elia?" One of the guards spoke, his voice slightly muffled from his helmet. The guard reached up to his head and pulled off the helm, revealing tanned skin, soft hazel eyes and curly black hair.

Elia gave a soft smile, "Ser Myles, how good it is to see you again." She said.

"And you, I almost didn't recognise you, you've changed so much." He said with a wide smile, clearly happy to be reunited with his old friend.

Elia tilted her head with a frown, "How so?" She asked.

Myles gestured toward the whole of her, "You've grown up." He answered.

"Well that was some time ago." She answered with a chuckle.

"It feels like yesterday." He smiled.

Elia looked to the ground and laughed, "If only we could go back to those times. How they were much simpler." She said.

Myles frowned, "I heard about your brother.. I'm deeply sorry for your loss." He said sincerely.

Elia brushed it off, "Thank you Ser. Though, I'm actually here regarding this whole mess of civil war, and as much as I'd like to continue this reunion, I really must speak with Prince Qoren." She said.

"Oh, of course, please this way." He said, waving for the two silver haired Targaryen/Velaryons to follow his lead.

Aemond and Elia both glanced at each other with smirks. Now was the difficult part, convincing the Dornish Prince to come to their side.