12.

**Iggy**

Later that night I stepped outside into the backyard, the visit was last minute but no one expected us to meet another Eve.
It made me nervous.
Omega said he was running from bad men that hurt him, then mentioned the name, Montoya..
My arms were crossed looking up at the sky that hung in the moon, wondering if Lawless was looking at it too.
I hope he was.
So he knew I was thinking about him.
-----
"So, how old are you, Omega?" I asked the other later that night in the guest bedroom.
Omega sat across from me on the bed, his eyes glued to the mint green sheets before his eyes met mine.
"I'm sixteen." He answered.
"H-How old are you, Iggy?" He questioned.
I smiled softly.
"I'm sixteen as well, it's cool we're the same age, makes hanging out with you easier as well." I told him.

Omega tilted his head.
"Hanging out..? What does that mean?" He inquired.
I stared before rubbing the side of my neck.
"Oh, well it just means we can spend time together, try to have a good time and laugh a lot." I tried my best to explain to the other.
Omega's brows were furrowing.
"Sounds like a lot of work." He responded and I don't know why, but it made me laugh.

Omega looked at me.
"Did I say something funny just then?" He asked.
I grinned at him.
"Kind of." I brought my knees to my chest looking at the other.

"Omega, if you don't mind me asking, how long did you stay with those bad men?" I asked him now.
His brows knitted and he looked away frowning softly.
It made me frown.
"Never mind, you-"

"Since the day I could breathe air." He looked back at me frowning.
"I don't know who my parents are, or if they even exist, I just know that when I was old enough to walk and talk. Mr. Montoya told me when I became a more mature age, I'd start being used for other reasons rather than just being a normal boy." He brought his own knees to his chest now, tears burning at his eyes sitting there.

"I-I was touched a lot, they did things I didn't understand, b-but Mr. Montoya said I'd get used to it, that they were only getting me ready for something really fun." He looked at me with tears in his eyes that soon fell which made my own eyes grow wet.
"B-But what's so fun about men being rough with you? Putting their hands on you and these weird objects inside of you?" He asked me as his voice cracked and more tears fell.

"Every time I begged for them to stop, I was hit, I wasn't allowed to object because I was half omega and expected to like that sort of thing." He held his knees closer as he sat there crying.

"I-Iggy, I don't ever want to go back to that place, please don't make me go back." He cried harder and I moved.
"I know you said you don't like being touched, but please bear with this." I cried wrapping my arms around him.
"N-No don't." He wept but I held him tighter.
"Shh, it's okay, this is what we call a hug. It's loving and comforting." I told him.

He tried pushing me away but there was no strength in his arms, before he gave up and just let it happen as I held the other.
My brows knitted together as I carefully brushed my fingers through his hair.

"Omega?"
"Hm?"
"You will never go back to that place, I'll make sure my parents know and that they tell their friends. I told you before," I pulled back and looked at the other with a flushed face.
"We're brothers now, so it's my job to protect and watch over you. I will go everywhere you go, until you tell me you're okay on your own." I looked at him before cautiously brushing the others tears away.
"Will you give me that responsibility? As your new brother?" I asked him.

Omega looked at me for the longest time.
"I-I don't even know how brothers work, what type of relationship is that?" He looked at me confused.
I blinked but smiled softly.
"It makes us family, Omega, you'll be taken care of, fed and given a warm bed to crawl into every night." I explained.
"My parents will become your parents and you'll call Moxie dad, and Magna papa. They're both very loving and supportive over a lot of things." Carefully I took his hands as he flinched but relaxed.