Chapter 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"People think it is holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."

Tagaktak ang pawis ni Ace sa katawan. Kanina pa kasi siya nagprapractice. Nagsiuwian na lahat ng mga teammates niya at siya na lang ang naiwan.

People thought, hindi na kailangan ni Ace magpractice. They said he was born with skills. Ace disagree though. Although he has the talent for sports, Ace still believes in hardwork. Hardwork still pays in the end.

He dribbles the ball once more and shoots it in the basket.

Three points!

All of a sudden, Ace heard a clap. When he turns, he saw Honey.

“Honey, what are you doing here?” he asked. He can’t hide the irritation in his voice.

“I just passed by,” she answered and walked towards the empty bench and sat.

“Passed by? Let me remind you that you are from Anne Height’s Campus. And this is the main campus,” he said in a mocking tone.

Honey sighed in defeat. “I’m sorry. Pinuntahan nga kita talaga dito.”

Ace went to his sports bag at nilabas ang baong tubig. He drank water first before replying back to Honey. “I told you Honey, stop whatever you are doing. I have a girlfriend now.”

Honey snorted. “Who? That Ana? God, she’s a flirt.”

“Don’t talk to her like that!” Ace almost shouted angrily.

Honey was shocked with the outburst. Never pa siyang sinigawan ni Ace before. But now, he is shouting at her because of who? That flirt Ana.

Lalong tumindi ang galit ni Honey kay Ana. She has been in love with Ace for as long as she remembers. And now biglang may isang Ana na sisingit na lang sa eksena. No. She will never allow that.

Honey is not a person who takes a grudge against a person. Pero towards Ana, it doesn’t apply. She can’t help it. Ana is snatching Ace away from her. Siguro kung hindi lang ito ang girlfriend ni Ace ngayon, she and Ana will be friends pa talaga. Sadly, it will never happen anytime soon nor in the future.

And maybe it’s the jealousy, pero ang nakikita niya lang kaya Ana ngayon ay ang mga kamalian nito. Kahit wala siyang makita, parang pilit niya itong hinahanapan ng butas.

But could anyone blame her?

Sa mga naunang flings ni Ace, Honey didn’t even feel a bit of threat. It’s different for Ana. When Ace introduced Ana to her, she instantly felt it. The threat of Ace going beyond her reach.

She is turning into another different person. She is aware of that. Even she detests herself right now. Nagiging kontrabida na siya.

Pero kahit maging kontrabida siya, basta maging kanya si Ace.

“I’m sorry,” paumanhin ni Ace na nasigawan niya si Honey. “Ana is my girlfriend now; you should at least treat her with respect.”

“But Ace, how could I respect her when she doesn’t deserve it? I’m telling the truth! I saw her kanina. Dun sa mall.”

“Don’t lie Honey,” nagtitimping wika ni Ace.

“I’m not lying. Nakita ko siya sa mall kanina. Kumakain. And guess who kasama niya?” hindi pa rin tumitigil si Honey.

“Honey, huwag mong siraan si Ana.”

“Kung paninira man ang pagsasabi ng totoo, then be it. But sinasabi ko na Ace, nakita ko siya sa mall kanina lang. Kasama niya si Bob.”