preparation

the next school year started. I'm in my 7th year now.
Ron, Harry and hermoine decided to go find Horcruxes.

The battle was moving closer. I couldn't go out to help them, if voldemort found out I betrayed him by destroying Horcruxes. I would be death.

Mcgonagall is trying to prepare hogwarts for the battle.
I'm helping by teaching students. Everyone is trying to find associates, who will stand with hogwarts.

Late at night I was walking out alone, trying to clear my mind.
The little niffler guy showed up.
"Hey buddy. Could you warn your friends of the battle?" I ask him. But ofc he doesn't understand me.
I look him in the eyes when I feel my powers coming to the surface.
My eyes glow.
"Why don't you tell them yourself?" I hear the niffler say in a deep manly voice but his mouth doesn't move.

I look around and see animals gather around me.
Owls, centaurs, fairy's .... atleast 1 if every animal in the forest.

"Why were we called here?" An owl spoke. I must be speaking to their minds.

"You need to warn your friends and families who live around hogwarts. A war is coming"
The earth starts shaking and a giant moves out the forest.
"We stand with you" he says.

So do the centaurs.
"Warn as many animals as you can. Stand with us or try to find shelter" I repeated.
They all nodd and walk away.
"What just happend?" I hear hagrid.
"Did I just see my brother?" He asked.

The niffler was still on top of me.
My eyes stopped glowing.
"I- I think I just talked to animals"
Hagrid looks at me confused.
"Your brother and some centaurs want to fight along with hogwarts"
The niffler runs back to hagrid.
"I should tel my dad"
I teleported into the teachers room.

"Ahhh!" Professor Flitwick got Starteld by my appearance.
"Y/n, what are you doing here!" He yelled.
"Sorry professor but i needed to speak with all of you"
My dad walked in with mcgonagall.
"What is it y/n?" He asked
"Well I kinda talked to animals? Anyway the giants and the centaurs are on our side"
My dad looks confused
"What?" He asked.

"Idk it either ig it's just a new perk of my powers" it made me really nervous actually.
Mcgonagall smiled at me.
"How is the teaching going?" My dad asked.
"The 5th and 6th years are all doing great. But the first years...its way beyond their level. I think its best we teach them how to lay low and survive instead of fighting"
Both of them nodd.
"I was thinking the same. Some of the students might be able to help madam pomfrey out to heal the Hurt"
Mcgonagall said to me.

"I can help with that too. I have the power to heal. Being in the battle might cause more harm than good" if I stay out the battle the prophecy won't come true.
The teachers smiled at me .

"Y/n your a great teacher" Lupin said to me. He's been teaching defensive spells aswell. Well he is the defense against the dark arts teacher.
"I was actually thinking that you might become a permanent teachers here when the battle is over"
I just smile at her. I don't know how to respond, I don't even know if I'm going to survive.

My owl flew I'm and dropped a letter for me.
"Thanks peggy"
I open the letter
Its fred. I immediately smile.
"What is it?" My dad asked
"Fred fixed our problem" I smile up.

I explained to them what the letter said. The students who are weaker in the fight can have different purposes.
The ones who excel in potions can make potion bombs. The ones from herbology can make medicines. The quitich players can take the air.
There were many was the students could use their strengths to help in someway.
"We will talk to the students tomorrow" she answered.

I walked out of the teachers room and went back to the slytherin Common room.
"Hey teacher" draco greeted me. He was sitting on the couch near the fire place. He had 2 cups of tea standing infront of him.
"I sneaked in some dessert " he took 2 pieces of cake out of his pocket.
And gave me one.
I sat down next to me.
"Why do you have your worry face on?" He asked.
I looked down at the cup of tea.
"It's just when the battle comes. I don't want to be on the wrong side of it." I look up to meet draco's eyes.

"I'm worried too. My parents will be on the dark Lord side. I will have no choice" draco looked down.
I bumped the mood. I burry my head in my hands. I shouldn't have brought it up now.
"Sorry I didn't mean to bring down the mood"  I take a few sips of my tea.
"It's okay, it's better to talk about it. How are you doing with you know..." draco ment sh.

I haven't done it anymore, not since the last incident. I put my feelings into words now. Sometimes into poems again. Or I talk to my dad. Or draco. And I keep fred updated by mail.
"I'm thinking about it again. Just in my head all the time about this battle...but I won't do it. I promise" draco smiled at me and gave me a hug.

I stayed in his arms for a moment. I felt safe. The way I feel safe in my dads arms, In Fred's arms...
His warm embrace calmed my mind. But our moment got interrupted.
"Oo cake" I back away from the hug and see pancy biting in my piece of cake.

"HEY!" I scream.

Followed by "geminio" I duplicated draco's cake so I would still have some.
"That was actually ment to be mine" I say to pancy.
"Ooops sorry I just got hungry" she let herself fall down on the couch right next to me.
I laugh at how comfortable she looks.
Draco follows me and pancy laughs aswell.
I may be scared but these moments make my feel better.

Author: the battle is coming heheheh