36

After much too long, Jennie was finally ready enough to go.

She had panicked, hoping Lisa hadn't thought she had somehow impossibly changed her mind and then ran away because Jennie had taken so long but she should have known better because of course Mrs. Park had whispered to Jisoo who told Chaeyoung who grabbed Lisa's nervous hand to tell her not to worry and everything was okay and Jennie would be out soon.

Jennie walked, her arms hooked around her moms and Jessi's arms as they led her there.

Irene's little sister, Joo-eun, had been waiting for them and as soon as she saw them she did her job and opened the doors for them, letting them walk through.

Then she proceeded to walk down the aisle throwing flowers at everyone, rather than on the actual aisle—just as Jisoo had instructed her because she had always loved a bit of fun with her romance so of course she asked the flower girl to throw the flowers at people instead of the ground.

The crowed laughed as they got ruby red roses and purple hyacinths in their face or stuck in their hair as she literally skipped down the aisle looking like a cute little fairy girl.

Lisa had heard the creak of the doors open and looked up immediately, waiting in anticipation.

She giggled slightly at Irene's little sister's antics, then looked to Jisoo who was cackling and shook her head at her because she knew she had been the one to put her up to it. Jisoo just winked back.

Then her eyes snapped back to the doors as she saw movement in the corner of her eye and she lost her breath.

She saw her little saint. Finally. Flanked on both sides by Jessi and her birth mom. Lisa suddenly realized why Mrs. Park was already on the stage with them, considering she was supposed to be leading Jennie down the aisle.

She didn't have much time to think about that though, at why her mom was suddenly next to Jennie, grinning hard as they walked, the thought had only barely registered because her mind was racing too much.

It was short circuiting. It was thinking about how her little saint had actually come to marry her.

It was thinking about how she was looking down shyly, looking radiant in that dress as she walked up towards Lisa, being led by her mother and Jessi as everyone awed and cooed at Jennie as they admired how beautiful she looked.

She was thinking about how all she wanted was for Jennie to look up and stop staring at the ground as she walked so they could lock eyes because Lisa needed to know this was real, but then also how Lisa would probably faint if Jennie did.

Jennie got about halfway down the aisle, still refusing to look up because Jennie had felt like she might trip if she saw Lisa already.

Lisa breathed out—"little saint," willing for her to look up, needing her to look up even if she might actually faint.

Jennie finally flicked her eyes up. She didn't even hear Lisa, but the universe must have been on their side, sending its magnetism towards them because Jennie finally found the courage to look at her, feeling like Lisa wanted her to.

Jennie almost stumbled, like she figured she would. Her beautiful, sweet, gorgeous, protective Lisa had reached back to grab Chaeyoung's hand, gripping it tightly as soon as they locked eyes and Jennie felt on top of the world because she knew Lisa was just overwhelmed. Just as much as she was.

Jennie didn't know how she was even walking properly at this point. She sort of figured that maybe her mother and Jessi were holding her up or something.

She was delivered to Lisa, her mom and Jessi handing her over. They both said some things, sweet things, to both Jennie and Lisa but neither of them had a coherent thought because they were both too busy looking at each other to register anything else. To get what they even said. They could just ask them later anyway.