15

Jennie couldn't go to class. She actually skipped because she couldn't stop crying. She spent the entire time trying to stop the tears from falling in the bathroom stall.

She felt her phone buzz over and over and she finally looked at it. Jisoo kept texting her asking her where she was and why she wasn't in class. Jennie lied to her and told her she was feeling sick.

_____

Jisoo went up to their teacher and asked if she could check on Jennie, trying to cover for her because she thought Jennie might be with Lisa right now since she had witnessed Lisa dragging her away that morning.

"What's wrong? Do you know why she isn't in class?"

"She ate something bad. She was puking in the bathroom this morning and I guess she's still in there. I'm a little worried, can I go check on her? I can go take her to the nurses office."

"Fine. Go."

Jisoo left the classroom, walking in the direction of where she had seen Jennie and Lisa go.

She checked the bathroom just in case Jennie wasn't lying about being sick and she heard the sniffles right away.

"Jendeukie?"

The cries stopped.

"Jennie open the door. Let me help you." Jisoo said worriedly.

Jennie tried to wipe the tears away before getting up. She pretended to flush the toilet.

Jisoo immediately noticed she had been crying and she hugged Jennie.

"Oh no. Is it morning sickness?" Jisoo whispered in case someone walked in. "Do we need to get another test?"

That just made Jennie think of Lisa and her body started shaking again, unable to keep the tears at bay.

"It'll be okay Jendeuk, Irene and I can skip lunch and go buy them quickly since you're grounded and can't go to Rosie's. We can make sure. There's a convenience store five minutes away, we'll make it right back before lunch period is over so you can take them."

"It's not that Chu."

Jisoo pulled away. "Why are you crying then?"

Jisoo looked her over and a dark look crossed Jisoo's face, "Is it your parents? Did they ground you for longer?"

"No. They didn't." Jennie deflected, because this was kind of her parents' fault. She wasn't about to tell Jisoo about her dad's new project though. She was too ashamed of it.

"Then what is it?" Jisoo frowned. "Was it Lisa? Did she sleep with someone else?" Jisoo was so going to strangle her.

"No. No its not her." Jennie said, her eyes welling up again at the mention of her.

"Why are you lying Jendeuk, you're crying over Lisa aren't you? What did she do?"

"Nothing. I swear, this isn't her fault."

Jisoo was already pissed about the day before, about catching her almost kissing Rosie so she was almost sure Lisa had done something stupid to hurt Jennie. She could tell whatever was going on with Jennie definitely had to do with Lisa because Jennie kept wanting to cry as soon as Jisoo mentioned her.

Jisoo heard the bell ring, signaling the end of their first class and she didn't wait. She was out for blood. She went to look for Lisa, leaving Jennie behind who kept asking her to stop because she had noticed the murderous look on Jisoo's face.

Jisoo happened to ram straight into her in her haste to get to Lisa's locker. Lisa had been walking out of a utility closet. Jisoo grabbed her by the collar and dragged her back in.