16

Jennie had looked for Lisa at school the whole rest of the week, she watched out of the corner of her eye towards Lisa's locker but she never showed up.

Jennie should have been relieved, it saved her from any awkwardness with Lisa after her rejection but in reality she was just sad. She missed Lisa. A lot.

Jennie kept having to tell herself that Lisa skipping was a good thing, because it was probably only delaying the inevitable. Lisa was probably going to come back to school and get hit on and take the opportunity this time now that Jennie had broken things off.

It made Jennie feel sick thinking about it but it was the only way. Jennie wished she had never agreed to Lisa's proposition in the first place. At least before, she didn't know how it felt for Lisa to hold her. She hadn't known what it was like for Lisa to actually confess her feelings to her. She hadn't known what it was like to kiss her.

She had only fantasized about the impossible. It hurt before, but now that she knew she actually had a chance to be with Lisa it hurt so much more.

Jennie sighed as she closed her locker on Friday. Lisa still hadn't shown up and Jennie was starting to get really worried. She almost texted her to see if she was okay, but Jennie knew she didn't have a right to do that. She had deleted Lisa's number the day they broke things off but it was no use because Jennie had already had it memorized anyway.

_________

Lisa nervously showed up to church fifteen minutes before 8 am on a Sunday.

"Fuck. Please don't let me burst into flames." She muttered as she opened the doors.

She let an old lady go ahead of her, who was glaring at her, seemingly hearing what Lisa had just said.

"Sorry uh—ma'am. I just got a bad grade on my math test. I hope god forgives me." Lisa lied, bowing to her and putting her hands together in a praying motion. The lady seemed satisfied enough with Lisa's answer because she let her be, walking inside.

Lisa stepped in and almost flinched, closing her eyes, fully expecting to be smited by Jennie's father's God if he actually existed for daring to walk into his church. Especially after defiling the little saint.

"What are you doing you idiot." Said an amused voice.

Lisa cracked one eye open, seeing Jisoo standing in front of her. Lisa relaxed once she realized she wasn't going to burst into flames. At least not yet. Maybe it took a minute.

"Nothing." Lisa said, straightening up and clearing her throat, still looking around warily.

Jisoo laughed at her.

"I don't think God would waste Her time on punishing a sixteen year old just because you like to bang people on the regular." Jisoo said, guessing what the whole thing was about.

Lisa shoved her in panic, shushing her.

"Someone might hear you."

"You and Jendeuk are so meant to be." Jisoo said because she's heard that same phrase from Jennie way too many times to count.

Lisa almost shoved her again but the breath left her because she caught a glimpse of Jennie out of the corner of her eye. She looked up to where she was standing at the front of the church. Lisa hadn't seen her for days and she looked angelic, wearing a really pretty white dress, all she needed was the wings. Lisa kind of thought she probably did have wings, they must just invisible or something.

"Oh you it got so bad." Jisoo teased, watching Lisa's expression change as she followed Lisa's line of sight. "Who would have ever thought the one person that would ever tame the notorious Limario would be our innocent Jendeuk."