1.46

i was still on the counter as leo, chase, and adam surrounded me. all of a sudden a loud alarm started going off. i kept looking around the lab for any signs of bree. she still wasnt back, i was starting to worry about her.

"what is that?" leo asked out loud. "well, it's either mr davenports radon gas alarm, or it's his emergency phone. and being that none of us have passed out yet, it's his emergency phone!" chase raised his voice as he jumped up and hit the table a few times.

adam and leo then started to walk towards the emergency phone as leo tried to get adam out of his way. then then got the phone as adam was trying to also get it. i think it's a great idea that adam doesn't have it.

"davenport industries, home of the little man's big dream. leo speaking how may i help you?" leo asked into the phone.

"not a thing, watching cartoons, eating cereal. you know, saturday morning things." leo said into the phone.

"cartoons watch want to i!" adam exclaimed backwards. chase then covered adams mouth so that he couldn't talk.

"um...no, it's the tv. i'm watching captain backwards. he saves the day in the beginning and...does all the boring stuff at the end. it's a terrible show. i don't know why i watch it." leo said.

"what about cadence? is she around?" i heard davenport say since leo was now next to me.

"no. you know girls. she's knee deep in makeup and unicorns." he brought the phone away from his ear. "what am i saying?!" he whispered.

"oh. you mean...the nightlight? no." leo said as he unplugged the lemp. "no, i did not. um...i should go. tell my mommy i love her." leo said.

"leo!" i whisper shouted at him.

"they're coming home right now." leo said putting the phone down.

"great. just great!" i complained as i tried to move my body but nothing.

"what?!" adam exclaimed.

"tell my mommy i love her?" chase said as he shook his head.

"i'm sorry. when i freak out, i talk baby talk. now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go upstairs to take a night night with my binky." leo said and walked off.

"leo, how could you turn on the LEMP?!" chase scolded leo. "it's a giant glitch machine. now my girlfriend is somewhere, paralyzed unable to move!" he raised his voice as he started getting angry.

"chase, calm down." i told him as i moved my head a little.

"that's what goofed us all up, the LEMP." chase said.

"ohhhh." leo said. "so this is one of those things that davenport talks about we're not supposed to touch?" leo asked him. chase, adam, and i all started to nod our heads at the same time.

"i mean, he didn't know." i started out. "plus, big D didn't tell him exactly what to touch and what not to touch." i said sheepishly as i saw chase turn a direction trying to figure out where i was.

"cadence, you're literally somewhere right now, not able to move because of leo." chase pointed out. "okay, you have got a point there." i lifted my finger in the air as adam nodded his head.

"look, we have to fix this before they get home. i'll locate bree's signal and send her the coordinates so she can find her way back." chase said as he moved over to the desk.

"i thought you couldn't see?" leo asked. leo needs to know chase has a ego too. "oh, leo. genius has no boundaries." i knew chase was smiling as i heard him laugh a little.