1.3

The three kids followed me and Leo. They towered over us making me scared in a way. I knew how to fight. They just seemed intimidating.

"Okay I don't play this card to often, but...MOM!!!" Leo screamed as she and Mr Davenport walked through the door.

"Leo! Cadence! There you two are!" She said as we ran up to hug her. "Oh! What is this place? Who are they?" She said her tone harsher.

"Uh-their my new boy band. Guess what? The twist is that one's a girl." Mr Davenport tried to lie. It wasn't a very good lie either.

"Lie. I know when someone's lying. Well not all the time. You just seem like an easy liar." I said as the three kids behind him nodded their heads. I smiled at that.

Mr Davenport gave in and sighed. "All right, they're part of a secret project I've been developing genetically engineered superhuman siblings." He smiled widely as it made me smile as if the smile was contagious. "Now that doesn't sound like a lie." I smiled.

"Tasha, Leo, Cadence. Meet Adam, Bree, and Chase." Mr Davenport said introducing them to us. "The greatest combination of biology and technology ever developed. I don't wanna brag, but I am incredibly smart." He bragged. He just said he wasn't gonna brag.

Tasha turned around looking at Leo and I. "Don't look at us. We told you not to go on online dating." I said as Leo shook his head in agreement.

"Yeah." Leo said

"So they're robots?" She said turning around to face them.

They all gasped at the same time making me laugh a little.

"Woah!"

"Hey!"

"Oh, no, she didn't!"

They all yelled at the same time in shock at her words.

"No, Tasha, they're human, I've just given each of them a unique set of bionic abilities controlled by a microchip implant in their necks. It sounds a lot more complicated than it is." He said all at once.

"Cool! So we have bionc siblings? Well I do. By the way Cadence isn't my sister. Don't even try to get with her." Leo said eyeing the two boys.

"Man!" Adam said making me giggle.

"Dang it!" Chase has said making my smile wider.

Mr Davenport ignored what Adam, Leo, and Chase just said and started telling Tasha some things about each of them. "See Adam is all brute strength, and Bree has speed and agility, and Chase has super senses and a superior intelligence." He said making tasha fake laugh as she went over to him and whispered in his ear. I couldn't make out what she said to him though.

"Cool so now when I need help on something like school wise Chase can help me." I smiled making him nod my head. I saw Adam a little bummed out so I chose my words nicely. "And Adam could open anything or carry anything that I couldn't." I smiled making him smiling widely.

"Look I made this place for comfort for them." Mr Davenport made out as he backed away from tasha.

"It's true. The toilets have seat warmers that talk." Adam said making me giggle. "What do they say?" I ask intrigued.

"Oh it varies, depending on—" Adam started but Leo cut him off. "No." Leo said putting his hand in front of Adams face making him stop talking.

"Donald I don't know what to make of all this." Tasha said. "Some new wives get surprised with a honeymoon in Hawaii or...a cruise. Bionic teenagers were not on our wedding registry." Tasha said looking upset.

"Honey, they have to stay down here for their own safety. This is all very top secret. But as soon as training is complete, they'll be able to handle any crisis or problem that the world throws at them." Mr Davenport tried to tell Tasha. He had me down with this. I hope Tasha doesn't decide she doesn't want to live here. I already like the place.

"I wanna go to the pyramids." Chase said raising his hand.

"I wanna go to Paris." Bree said. "You can make that two of us." I smiled when she did looking at me.

"I want to go upstairs." Adam said.

"Wait you've never been upstairs?" I asked them with concern all over my face.

"Nope." They all said in unison.

"Hey what are those? Time Machines?"
Leo asked stepping closer to them.

"No they're not time machines." Mr Davenport chuckled. The time machines are actually in the shop. These are my biologically regulated atmospheric chambers. Where my bionic creations live and sleep and eat. Ooh which reminds me. It's dinner time." He said jogging to the big desk that was behind us.

"Yes!" The three bionic teens said jogging to their capsules.

"Ready?"  He said as he pressed a button.

"Can you make me bionic one day?" I asked him whispering do Tasha couldn't hear us. "Maybe. I heard you could fight and all that. We could add that to the team. I might even give you fire that can come out of your hand. Oh maybe super speed like Bree. Oh and maybe shapeshifting along with a forcefeild." Mr Davenport babbled at me.

"That'd be awesome!" I whisper-shouted.

"What are those?" Leo asked interjecting into our conversation. "Those are my patented protein pellets." He said as Bree was eating normally and Adam was trying to catch them making me laugh.
"Whatever they don't catch is tomorrow's breakfast." Mr Davenport said excitedly. He sounded like he's never told anyone about them but then again he kinda can't.