Chapter Twenty Two

Dylan's POV

My brother and I got back home to an empty house meaning Sarah has already come to pick her up showing her around.
We showered and got dressed before having breakfast. I was the one who booked because, of course, Ryan can't cook to save his own life, his food would just quicken his death.

We finished eating and cleaned up. "Do you think we should show Kami the spot today?" Ryan asked.
I nodded. "She would love to see it, we could set up an easel and other stuffs there for her." Even though we already had a room with all she could need ready for her, we were sure she would love to paint by the cave.

After a while, I mind linked Sarah for goddess knows how many times making her yell back at me saying she is with the kids at the pack's daycare.

We settled in the bedroom awaiting our mate's return. In few minutes, the front door opened and we heard her coming up the stairs then her amazing scent I never get tired of wafted into my sensitive nostrils.

We both hugged her tightly asking if she enjoyed her tour even though she only visited the pack house and daycare.
She met Sage, Aaron's sworn enemy and they bonded over their love of arts.

Taking her to Mia's shop for lunch which Kami enjoyed so much. Well, everyone enjoys Mia's shop delicacies as the shop has been around for more than five decades so every recipe has been perfected.

After eating,Ryan asked if she would like to go anywhere but she just asked us to show her anything and so we left for our spot.

Kami was amazed by the waterfall making me chuckle because she hasn't even seen what is actually behind the waterfall.

I placed my hand on her shoulders leading her to the entrance behind it.
Going in was dark at first until we got to our destination. Kami gasped taking in the view. "This is so beautiful." She whispered awestruck

"You haven't seen it all yet

"You haven't seen it all yet." Ryan whispered into her ears as we walked further inside.
The next spot was the place we designed to look almost like a room. It had almost everything to make one comfortable.
"Do you guys spend the night here?" She asked staring at the bed. I nodded just as Ryan said, "Sometimes."

She nodded and moved to get seated on the bed. "This place is so amazing, how did you guys find it?" She asked.
"One morning, during a run when we decided to take a dip in the water outside. Swam in and saw this place. Finished designing it about four months later with the promise. To show to our mate." I replied her.

"It is so beautiful, everything is beautiful here." Kami whispered still looking around.
We sat in a comfortable silence, our mate laid her head on Ryan's laps while her legs were on my laps.

"When would you like to begin painting?" I asked her. Kami looked at me in confusion. "But I don't really have much to use for painting, only brought my sketch book remember?" She replied.
"Then we are sure you will love the surprise we have for you." Ryan told her. She sat up looking at Ryan then me before asking. "What surprise?"
"We will show you later." I replied. "No, I wanna see it now." Our mate whined creating a smile on my face because I knew that was what she would say next.

"You don't want to enjoy this place again." Ryan teased. "We can always come all the time, right." We nodded. "So, take me to my surprise, pretty please." She continued.
We walked out of the cave. "Want to ride on me." I asked her. "Yes." She replied blushing making me laugh as I took off my clothes, I am so sure her mind was in a dirty place.

Ryan and I took off our clothes before shifting, Kami picked our clothes as I sat so she could get on easily. She gripped my fur as we began to trot through the forest. "Faster!" Kami laughed and I picked up my pace but not too fast to get her knocked off. Her melodious laughter rang through the forest as we ran by.

We arrived at our back yard, Ryan shifted first so he could take Kami off my back and I shifted next then we went in with Kami walking ahead of us eagerly.
"Puppy, even if you walk ahead of us. You do not know where the surprise actually is." Ryan said laughing and I laughed along with him. Kami turned around to glare at us. "Which is why I need you guys to walk faster." She said.

Getting to the front of the door, I handed the key over and gesture to open it. Ever so slowly, like she was nervous about what could actually be in the room, Kami put the key in the keyhole. Turned it and pushed the door open to reveal her surprise.

She gasped loudly looking around. We made sure the room was the one with a varenda so she could draw outside with a better view.
"Oh, my goodness." Kami said still looking around. She hasn't even stepped in yet. "Do you wanna go in, firefly?" I asked her. She nodded as if in a trance and did not even make a move to go in. Ryan chuckled and gently pushed her in.
She walked around quietly touching everything like they were all made of glass. She glanced in our direction every once in a while and we just smiled reassuring her.

After few minutes, she finally spoke up. "You guys, you guys didn't really have to do these." She sounded like she was about to cry making my brother and I pull her into a tight hug.

"We don't have to, but we wanted to." I told her. "And don't you dare say you don't deserve it." Ryan added. She begin to cry.
"We did this to make you happy, why are you crying?" I asked pulling away to take a better look at her face. "I am just overwhelmed and very happy. Thank you guys so much." She mumbled rubbing her face in my chest like a kitten.

"You are welcome." I said. "It feels so amazing to be able to do what I love in this room, thank you so so much. I don't know who to show you how thankful I am." She said making me smile.

"Well, you can thank us by painting a picture of us that is very amazing and exquisite like the others of your work." Ryan said with a chef kiss making her giggle.

Just then, Aaron sent a mindlink about rogue sightings. I looked at Kami after telling him we will be on our way.
" Why don't you get yourself busy, we have to go attend to some pack issues." I told her.
She looked up at me and nodded.

We left her after kisses on the chheks and lips and she smiled at us as we left.

Immediately we left the house and shifted. We were so ready to go deal with these rogues that has been causing trouble around the pack borders. Luckily, they haven't gotten in.

New chapter for my lovely readers.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Lots  of love
Liz_Beth Rose,🌹