Jin Liwei was wearing casual clothing—a simple polo shirt and black jeans. He should look out of place in the forest with his outfit, but his aura was like that of a cold and powerful elven king.

His eyes became gentle when she arrived. He extended his hand and beckoned her to come to him.

Without waiting any longer, Iris ran towards her darling.

The koi fishes swam away, startled by her running over the stone bridge.

Once she reached the islet, she leaped and threw herself to Jin Liwei. He caught her in a tight embrace. Their mouths immediately locked in a passionate kiss.

At that moment, the magical background music gradually became louder. The lovers felt like they were both transported into a fantasyland of fairies and elves. As a result, the passionate kiss became gentle and lingering. They chose to savour each other’s tastes, instead of trying to devour each other hungrily.

"Beautiful," Iris breathed into his mouth when the kiss ended. "This place is incredibly beautiful."

He gazed at her with half-lidded eyes, a soft smile on his lips. "You’re the most beautiful, love. Happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary," she replied with a delighted laugh.

Still hugging him, she looked around the place. She couldn’t stop smiling. The place was just marvelous!

"You like it?" he asked.

"I love it!"

"We’ll keep it, then. I had this built just for you. You can relax here whenever you want," he told her.

Instead of replying, she gave him a loud smacking kiss on the lips to demonstrate her appreciation for his surprise. She had already forgotten her request for a simple anniversary celebration.

Then as if on cue, some of the household staff quietly appeared to deliver food for the two of them.

"We greet the Master and the Mistress a happy anniversary," the butler greeted them first.

Then the chef and the others followed suit.

"Happy anniversary!"

Jin Liwei nodded. Although he wasn’t showing much expression, these people already knew him well after working for him for so many years. They could tell that he was very happy.

"Thank you, everyone," Iris replied for both of them instead. The joy was obvious in her voice.

The lovers enjoyed a special dinner prepared by the chef. It was light, nutritious and very delicious.

After dinner, they started walking around the forest and chatted about their day. They also reminisced about the special memories they had of their relationship while gazing at the stars above. The glass dome of the rotunda allowed them to see the night sky directly above them, making them feel as if they were actually in a natural forest instead of inside the mansion.

"Let’s go to bed," Jin Liwei said after noticing her eyes getting heavy.

Iris hesitated. She wanted to stay longer. The place was so relaxing that it melted all of her tiredness from working the entire day. It might just become her new favourite place in the mansion.

"Love, it’s getting late. I don’t want you to be sleep-deprived. We still need to wake up early tomorrow for work. Let’s go for now," he urged her. "You can always return here whenever you want."

"Hmm. Okay." Giving a last look at the place, Iris left together with Jin Liwei.

They held hands all the way to their bedroom suite. Once inside, the sleepy Iris suddenly became energetic after seeing something.