Chapter Sixty-Two:

"Now remember," Sam says. "My room is right there." He goes over to the wall to the right and points at it for emphasis. "Right there. So, I will hear you love crazed teenagers, and I'll imagine Auden in my dreams—not you, Ender, but definitely Auden. So, remember that when making decisions tonight." He points a finger gun at us and makes a click with his tongue.

"Sam." Ender rolls his eyes.

"I don't know if I'm flattered or horrified." I laugh and sit down on the end of the bed.

"You should definitely be flattered." He stands in the doorway. "Remember, I'm right there. Auden, if you need anything. A drink, snack, a hug, late-night cuddle—"

"Sam." Ender gives him an irritated look. "Go away."

He places his hands up in the air. "Alright, alright. Night, bestie, love you." He goes over and kisses Ender on the cheek, then smacks the same cheek playfully. "That offer stands for you too, buddy."

Ender smiles and shakes his head, pushing him out the door. "We'll keep that in mind." He says before shutting the door and locking it. He turns to me, the smile still on his face. "Sorry about him. He has no filter."

I laugh. "He's a good friend to you. I like him."

"Yeah, me too, when he's not creeping out my girlfriend." He walks over to me and places his hands on either side of my face. "You look so cute with your face all sunburned."

"Oh, really? Tell me that when it starts peeling and I look like a lizard."

His grin widens. "You'll still look as hot as ever."

I sit down on the end of the bed and lean back on my elbows, a stupid smile still on my face. Ender's head tilts to one side. "What?" He asks, the corner of his lips slowly turning upwards.

"Today was fun."

He nods. "It was."

"Almost too fun."

His eyebrows arch. "Is that...bad?"

"Yes!" I give him an exasperated look.

"Why?" He walks over and sits beside me on the bed, his eyes on me closely, while his hand rests on my knee.

"Because stuff like that just doesn't happen for me. Days like this have never happened. It's too good to be true. Something is going to happen to knock me back down. I just know it."

Ender's eyes darken. "Auden," He places his hand on the side of my face, his head shakes once. "It's okay to feel happy. To enjoy a day like today. Not every day is going to be something you have to get through. Enjoy days like these when they come. Don't let your mind convince yourself that you're undeserving of it."

"I wish every day could feel like this one."

"I'll make it my mission to try to make that happen for you."

A smile appears on my face. "Really?"

"Well, yeah. I'll do what I can because I love you and I want you to be happy. I want to see you smile like this all the time."

I throw my arms around him, kissing him eagerly as I swing my leg over his lap, straddling him on the bed. "It scares me how much you mean to me."

He pulls me tighter against his chest, his arms wrapping around me. "It scares me too."

The alcohol continues to course through me, making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside as I look at Ender with an immense amount of admiration. How did I find him in this fucked-up world? Of all the souls that wander this earth, somehow I collided with his, and now I can't imagine my life without him in it. I trust him, and that's not easy for me to do. Not after everything I've been through.

Ender looks at me with his intense gaze, and I feel like he's seeing every part of me. All the ugly, all the parts I try so hard to hide, and instead of wanting to run and hide, I'm okay with him seeing it. With him knowing every part of me. And I look back at him, seeing all the parts of him as well. The parts he hides from the world. The pain that is so deeply burrowed inside of him. The grief that lingers in his eyes.

As we look at one another, I feel the intensity of the moment. My chest rises and falls. Our hands slowly begin to wander, feeling skin, wanting to get even closer than we are now, until eventually his lips catch me. With a hunger, a strong desire. So lustful that I turn into molten lava, molding into him. I need to feel closer.

His kiss tastes like fresh toothpaste.

My fingers grip at his hair, feeling his curls between my fingers, as I begin to rock against him, making his breathing hitch as he whispers my name seductively. "Auden." One of his hands snakes behind my neck, while the other moves along my bare skin under my shirt, leaving a trail of goosebumps in its wake.

"You're so fucking beautiful, Auden." He whispers against my mouth, before pulling away to leave a trail of kisses along the edge of my jaw and down my neck. Particles of clothing begin to fall haphazardly on the bed as we desperately try to reach the level of closeness we are both searching for.

We finally find it, as there's nothing but his underwear preventing us from reaching it. "I want you." I say to him in between kisses.

"I want you, Auden. So much." His fingers work between my legs, making my breaths come out faster.

"Did you bring a condom?" My eyes are closed as I arch under his touch.

"Huh?" He asks with pure confusion as his lips meet my breasts, kissing me all over.

"Condom." I repeat with urgency.

He stops and looks down at me, his body hovering over mine. "Oh, uh, no. Shit." He moves a hand through his hair, making his curls flop forward.

I whimper with disappointment.

A raspy laugh escapes his throat, and it's the sexiest thing I've ever heard. "Okay, hold on, Sam might have one."

My eyes widen. "No! That is mortifying."

He presses his forehead against mine, his breathing ragged. "Well, we're limited on options right now."

"I'll suffer the embarrassment. Go see if he has one. I want you, like, right now."

A boyish grin plays on his lips before he kisses each of my temples, then my forehead. "I'll be fast." He gets up and scurries out of the room with nothing but his boxers on. The sight makes me giggle as I wait for him in bed. Moments later, he comes scurrying back with flushed cheeks and a condom in hand. "Be prepared for Sam's inappropriate comments to be at an all-time high tomorrow morning."

I open my arms to him, eagerly awaiting him. "Is he pissed?"

"Nah, I think he's as excited as I am."

I burst out laughing. "We'll stay and wash the sheets tomorrow."

"Least we can do." He moves on top of me once again, and my hand works to free himself from his boxers. Anticipation building in me, and he hovers over me, peering down at me. "Are you sure?"

I nod eagerly. "Yes, a hundred percent."

"Okay, if you change your mind—"

"I know for a fact I won't change my mind."

"Okay, because I know this is no romantic raining Notebook scene or Atonement library scene—"

"Ender, if you don't kiss me already, I'm going to take Sam up on that cuddling offer." I greedily reach for him, pulling him down to me.

Ender places a hand on my cheek. "You wouldn't dare."

"Try me." I wiggle my eyebrows at him.

He gives me a sexy grin before closing the gap between us and kissing me with intense passion as he guides himself swiftly between my legs. The first thrust sends me through the roof as a heavy wave of pleasure crashes over me. And I cant imagine anything being better than this.