Chapter Six:

"So, I've narrowed it down to two explanations." I tell Hunter as he drives us to another restaurant he's raving about, saying it's the next best thing besides clam chowder. "Either your family is a tribe of werewolves, or less exciting, your family are big hunters."

He rolls his eyes. "Har-har."

"Har-har." I say back.

His eyebrows then wiggle at me. "You been asking about me? How'd you find out my last name?"

"Well, uh, duh, small town."

"Mhm, sure. I know I'm your only friend so far. Spill."

"Not until you confirm or deny my theories."

"Then I'd have to kill you." He gives me a wink that sends the butterflies in my stomach souring, causing them to do backflips.

"Right, so, I'll take that as a yes to the tribe of werewolves."

He pulls into a parking lot before shutting off the car. "Did you run home to Henry and tell him you ran into the sexy steed of the town?"

"Quite the opposite. I told him this asshole hit me in the face with a football, and he just assumed it was you."

His head dips down with a low laugh before he gets out of the car. I walk alongside him, our arms slack by our sides, waiting for the other to make the first move.Praying that his fingers would slightly touch mine. This has never happened to me before. And I mean NEVER. I don't act like this. I never accept going out with strange guys. Not that any back home were lining up to ask me. But still. Yet, here I am, acting like a lovesick puppy over a guy I just met, and I have no clue what he's really like. I guess all it takes is for one guy to show me just a pinch of kindness and I'm already turning into my mother.

I fold my arms across my chest, forcing myself to not be a complete twat in the situation. Don't be so fucking easy. My God.

"Table for two please." Hunter says to the hostess, who obviously knows him, as they strike up a conversation. The two of them begin small talk about school starting and what teachers they hope they don't get. Then, as if he remembers I'm here, he quickly turns towards me. "Oh, Auden, this is Wednesday. Wednesday, this is Auden. She's new here."
Like Wednesday Adams? I give the girl a smile. She has long black hair, striking hazel eyes, and beautiful mocha skin. She looks me over, determining if I'm good enough to greet, before finally giving me a tight smile. "Hi," she replies flatly.

            Okay, so not good enough. "You guys on a date?" She asks Hunter, obviously being nosey, fishing around for what this is.

            He looks back at me. "I'd like to think it is."

            Wednesday grabs two menus, then directs for us to follow her. "Right, well, enjoy." She says shortly after we take our seats in a booth across from each other. When she's gone, I lean on the table, bringing myself closer to him.

            He rests his arms on the table, leaning in to meet me in the middle like we're about to discuss something top secret.

            "Is she part of your friend group?"
             He nods. "Yeah, the girls in the group mostly consist of her—"

            "And the other days of the week?"

            "Huh?"

            "Nothing. Continue." I wave for him to go on.

            "It's her, Raven, and Faran. Then the guys on the team, I'm mostly closest with Dawson and Jacob. But there's so many people for you to meet. You'll love them all."