𝟏𝟖. 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥

Start from the beginning

-Don't blame yourself. None of us knew those three would come to the field or that James would want to kill me. - The girl gets closer to hug her soulmate, who returns the hug, hiding his face on her neck.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Ethan and jessica walk through the forest, the girl complaining about her shoes fill with mud while the guy follows the trail she indicated.

-Ethan! - Jessica calls by seeing a blonde man standing on a branch of a high tree.

Ethan turns to where she points at, realising the immortal analyzes them. James smiles when hearing their hearts beat, and, when facing, he grimaces in disgust by feeling the guy's wolf scent.

-You're a wolf. - He hisses.

-Who are you? - Ethan asks, not trusting the blonde man.

-I'm not gonna hurt you. I came for the girl. - Jessica hides behind Ethan immediately. - I'm hungry, and until I find the Cullen guy's partner, I'll have to settle myself with her.

-T-The Cullen guy's partner? - Jessica asks fearfully, slightly showing her face. - What guy are you talking about? Emmett or Edward?

-The one with a pretty brown-haired. Prettier than you, obviously. - The girl rolls her eyes.

-You mean the stupid Alessandra Vitore? - She gets out from beind Ethan's back, facing James with her arms crossed.

-Alessandra Vitore? Pretty name, just like her. - James whispers, lost in his sadistic thoughts.

-Hey, that's my woman. - Ethan warns, taking a step toward the vampire.

-Your woman? Dog, the girl was clunging onto Edward's arm happily and very calm. She's not your woman. - Ethan curses and closes his eyes when feeling his body temperature increase because of the anger and frustration.

-Enough! If Alessandra isn't mine, she's nobody's! - He yells, showing his golden eyes.

Jessica starts walking backwards when seeing both men's smiles.

-We're on the same page, then. - James stares at the wolf, fearless. - We both want Alessandra dead, so let's work together. You kill her, but I drink her blood. Everyone happy.

-And the Cullen guy? - Ethan asks.

-Do what you want with him. But I'll punch him first. - James warns, extending his hand toward him, who analyzes him, until smiling.

-Deal. - Ethan takes the vampire's, shaking it, closing the deal.

Jessica runs away immediately, not caring if her shoes get dirty. Laurent stays hidden in between the pine tree branches, until disappearing.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Edward grabs multiple pieces of clothing from Alessandra, such as sweaters and hoodies. They rush down the stairs. Edward holds his soulmate's hand, who follows him with a small suitcase.

They both stop on their tracks when seeing Laurent and Carlisle approaching them. Edward protects the human with his body immediately.

-No. He came to warn us about Ethan and James. - The brown-haired frowns by hearing her ex's name.

-I have nothing to do with this. I'm sick of his games. His senses are unparallel, totally lethal. I've never seen anything like James in my three hundred years. - Laurent tells Edward, who keeps protecting Alessandra. - And the woman, Victoria, don't underestimate her.