Chapter 17 Xiaonian

At the corner of the street not far away, Li Yuan stared at the backs of the two with a sullen expression.

Since the last time it was reported that he went to look for Brother Yun, Brother Xi's family took advantage of this to stop helping his family.

He was at a critical time, and after a month without money, he couldn't live on, and his reading status was also greatly affected.

He blamed all this on Brother Yun, especially when he saw Brother Yun talking and laughing with the Orion, his eyes were red with hatred. He was in such pain, why should Brother Yun be happy?

There is also brother Xi's family, who were originally interested in him being a scholar, and tried to make him appreciate it through some small favors, and wanted him to be engaged to Brother Xi to tie him down.

Li Yuan sneered, and when he passed the exam, he would definitely make them look good.

On the day of Xiaonian, both of them stayed at home, Brother Yun was preparing to sacrifice to the Kitchen God, while Lu Jing took the initiative to take over the dust-sweeping job and was sweeping the roof with a broom.

Every year on this day, people kill the New Year's pigs. Most of the people who kill the New Year's pigs in the village will sell half of them and keep the other half. The selling price will be a penny or two lower than that of the butcher shop in the town. Therefore, villagers who are usually reluctant to eat meat will also buy some New Year's pork back home. eat.

Brother Yun planned to go after offering sacrifices to the Kitchen God, but after hearing this, Lu Jing said he was going to buy it. Brother Yun told him what he wanted to buy, and he took the money and went out.

The village has a strong New Year flavor, and many people have pasted up couplets and blessing characters. People they meet on the road have smiles on their faces, and the little dolls run around reciting nursery rhymes: "Twenty-three, Tanghua sticky; Twenty-four , cleaning day; twenty-five, fried tofu..." The

pre-apocalyptic modernity has no sense of the New Year, and no matter how hard it is to decorate the city, it can only create a little New Year's atmosphere.

Lu Jing felt that it was a novelty. There were no lanterns in the village, and there were no loudspeakers to play for good luck, but the flavor of the New Year was naturally exuded from people's happy state.

He walked along the road, and finally saw a family's courtyard was very lively, accompanied by the sound of meat being weighed and quoted in the crowd, Lu Jing knew that this was the place he was looking for.

When Lu Jing walked in, everyone was busy and no one paid attention to him. There was a big table in the middle of the courtyard, and half of the big fat pigs were placed on it.

Lu Jing saw that the people who bought the meat went up and pointed out which piece they wanted, and then said the approximate weight they wanted, and the people standing next to them cut it off and weighed it.

The person who cuts the meat should be a butcher who has been invited to kill the pig. The method is neat and the weight of the cut is accurate.

After Lu Jing understood it, she stepped forward to line up, and when the meat buyer in front of him bought the meat and left, Lu Jing's figure appeared, and everyone's eyes focused on him.

No one had seen Lu Jing very much, most of them only met once at the funeral of old doctor Xue, some people heard that he was good at hunting and wanted to make friends with him, and more people gossip about him and Brother Yun son relationship.

No matter how they looked at it, Lu Jing stepped forward to carefully observe the remaining pork in front of him, and pointed at a piece according to Brother Yun's request, "Here, cut three catties." He pointed to the

ribs, "Another two catties Small row."

Zhang butcher raised the knife in his hand and cut it according to Lu Jing's request. After weighing it, he tied it with a straw rope and handed it to Lu Jing. He smiled heartily: "Little brother, there are seventy-three pieces in total ."

Lu Jing paid the money, thanked her, then turned and walked back.

Seeing that he had bought so much meat, everyone was wondering how much money he had earned from hunting. When he was rescued and returned to the village, he was still poor and poor, but after half a year it was quite different.

Someone saw him carrying a deer to sell before, and when he told the curious crowd, everyone felt that Lu Jing must have made a lot of money.

Liu Yan was also standing in the crowd, she followed A Niang to watch the fun, and bought some meat to go back.

After killing the pig, A Niang went to the front to buy meat. She stood by the wall boredly, turned her head inadvertently, and saw Lu Jing coming in.

Liu Yan's eyes were immediately attracted, she had never seen such a handsome and good-looking man since she was born.

He was tall and tall, and he didn't look bloated even though he was wearing a thick cotton-padded jacket. His gentle smile when talking to Butcher Zhang made her blush even more.

She turned her head in embarrassment, feeling puzzled in her heart, she knew everyone in the village, what was the identity of this man? If people from other villages would come here to buy meat?

Liu Yan looked around and found that everyone seemed to be talking about this man. She was about to go up to hear the news, but Wang Jinmei had already bought the meat and came back.

"Let's go, Sister Yan, I was delayed in chatting with your Aunt Zhou just now, we have to go back quickly and prepare the stove."

Wang Jinmei turned around and walked out after speaking, Liu Yan walked forward slowly, she didn't Do you know the man's name...

At this time, Lu Jing had already bought the meat and went out, just in front of Wang Jinmei, and walked out of the courtyard gate.

Seeing that he had already left, Liu Yan felt disappointed, so she quickly walked a few steps to follow Wang Jinmei's footsteps, planning to ask the sisters she knew well when she had the chance.

Seeing her daughter following up, Wang Jinmei still glanced at the direction where Lu Jing left, and gossiped to her daughter: "This Lu Orion really hides his secrets. Everyone thinks he is poor, but who knows that he can make money."

Liu Yan was surprised that it was him... No wonder she had never seen him before. Most people in the village had only heard of him. At first they heard that Old Doctor Xue had saved someone in the mountains, and later they heard that the rescued person woke up Later, I bought a dilapidated house at the foot of the mountain, and later, I heard that he took Brother Yun to live there...

According to A Niang, although this hunter lives in a dilapidated house, he can actually make a lot of money. She saw Lu Jingmo come here Just heartbeat, and then heard that he can make money, five points of heartbeat directly turned into eight points.

As for brother Yun who was picked up by Lu Jing to live with her, she completely ignored her. How can a brother with a bad reputation compare to her?

Liu Yan's family is rich and handsome, and there are many people who want to marry her in ten miles and eight villages. It's just that she has high eyesight and doesn't like those rough peasant men. When she suddenly met Lu Jing today, she felt that it was her destiny. fate.

She has a chance to win, and she took the initiative to come to propose marriage. She doesn't believe that Lu Jing will refuse, and it will not be easy to ask him to drive Brother Yun out, and maybe it will lead to a good marriage with Cousin Li Yuan...

Liu Yan Xin made a good plan, and a smug smile appeared on the corner of her mouth.

After buying the meat, Lu Jing went back along the road. Brother Yun at home had finished offering sacrifices to the Kitchen God and was sitting in the yard cutting the window grilles.

Lu Jing put the meat down, washed her hands and went out to put on the window grilles.

He has never had such an experience. Everyone is looking forward to a grand festival, and everyone participates enthusiastically. This feeling is novel and warm.

He turned his head to look at Brother Yun, who was earnestly cutting the window grilles, the shadow of his eyelashes cast on his eyelids, he looked thin and well-behaved, it seemed that he would nod in agreement to what others said.

But he didn't listen to Lu Jing's words and let Lu Jing do badly, he only cared about his own one-acre three-point land, but treated Lu Jing as well as he could, and dragged Lu Jing into this lively world with one hand.

Lu Jing finally felt that there were wonderful fireworks in this world, and it was all because of Brother Yun.

--------------------

The author has something to say:

Lu Jing: The world is worth it.

See you tomorrow~ Bobo!

Note: "Twenty-three, sticky sugar flowers; twenty-four, house cleaning day; twenty-five, fried tofu" is quoted from New Year's nursery rhymes.