Chapter 4

Early the next morning, news spread in Qingxi Village.

"Have you heard, Brother Yun has lived at the foot of the mountain." With an ambiguous smile on her face, Liu Guihua elbowed Zhou who was doing needlework together with her elbow.

Zhou Shi was almost poked on his finger by him, but he didn't care about getting angry. He was obviously aroused by Liu Guihua's words, "What's going on, how did these two get together?" "Who knows?

" Well, with Brother Yun's charming appearance, he might have hooked up a long time ago, and the Orion was rescued by old doctor Xue?" "It's

really dishonest, so let's live together." The two of you said to each other I joked one sentence at a time, with contempt and ridicule on my face.

The aunts sitting around were excited to hear the gossip, and couldn't help interjecting: "Who did you hear about this, is it true or not?"

Seeing that everyone was looking at her, Liu Guihua even more Wei was excited: "Can it be fake? My eldest brother lives near Brother Yun. Yesterday I saw Orion and Brother Yun walking to the foot of the mountain with their bags on their backs. They didn't come back after that." Everyone was in an uproar and laughed

. He looked ambiguous.

"It's thanks to my family's boy who fell in love with Brother Yun and asked me to ask me to kiss me, but I refused. His background was unclear. Who knows what he did before? Now it seems that he is really not a good person." A fat aunt Said with a look of fear.

"You are lucky in the future." "Your family talked about the eldest brother of the Zhou family in Yangliu Village, right? But they are going to get married soon?" Everyone said to each other, and then went on to chat about other gossips.

Brother Yun was frightened yesterday, and had another night of nightmares, and when he woke up, he was a little sleepy.

Brother Yun didn't think about resting, he got up and washed lightly, then started to make breakfast.

He took out the sorghum noodles he brought from home, and after thinking about it, he added a little white flour, otherwise Lu Jing might not get used to it.

Brother Yun kneaded the noodles neatly, rolled them into a pancake shape, brushed a layer of vegetable oil on the pancakes, rolled up the pancakes from one side, stretched the pancakes while rolling them, and cut them with a knife The agent, and then flattened into dough cakes.

After trying it, the pan was already hot, so I brushed a layer of oil on the pan, then put the pancakes in and fried them, and made six pancakes in total.

Boil hot water in another pot, and the pancakes will not choke even if eaten with water.

Lu Jing was awakened by the smell of rice. He opened his eyes to look at the sky outside. The sun hadn't come out yet, and it was not yet dawn. He was still a little dazed by the smell of rice. He didn't know it was a dream. is still true.

After recovering from the confusion when he just woke up, he remembered that a new resident came to the house yesterday, presumably it was Brother Yun who was making breakfast.

Now that he woke up, he no longer stayed in bed, and slowly got up to take a shower.

Brother Yun saw him coming out, and greeted him a little cautiously: "Brother Lu, I baked a pancake, come and taste it."

Lu Jing responded, walked over to get a pancake, and bit into it, it was delicious.

"It's delicious, you can eat it too, don't wait for me."

With Lu Jing's affirmation, Brother Yun pursed his lips and smiled, but he didn't respond to the latter sentence.

The pancakes were made as big as his palm, he ate two, and Lu Jing ate four.

After eating and drinking enough, brother Yun told Lu Jing about his plan.

"Brother Lu, I can't eat and live here for free. I'll pay you for the board and lodging."

Lu Jing thought for a while, and he might not be willing to let him pay, so she thought of a compromise.

"You don't need to pay me. We will eat together in the future. I will provide the materials and you will be responsible for the cooking. You won't be able to eat much."

Brother Yun retorted weakly: "Actually, I eat a lot... "

Lu Jing: ...

He thought for a while and said: "Then you will be responsible for the vegetables and seasonings. I see that you have grown vegetables in your yard, and you can also grow them here. I won't have to trade the prey with others in the future."

Brother Yun didn't expect that Lu Jing even traded his prey for other people's food, and he felt more and more that he would not be in charge of the family anymore.

He knew from Lu Jing's arrangement that he had actually taken advantage of it, and he was a little apprehensive, for fear that he would embarrass Lu Jing.

Lu Jing shot a roe deer yesterday, and planned to go to the town to sell it. No one in the village could eat this kind of bigger prey, and he planned to exchange some money for the winter, so he decided to sell it himself.

Brother Yun heard from Lu Jing that he was going to the town, so he planned to go with him to sell the medicinal materials stored at home.

There are a lot of medicinal herbs that have been sun-dried at home, and I will not see a doctor in the future, and I will not use so many medicinal herbs at home, so I plan to keep some medicines for treating wind and cold, as well as the old mountain ginseng that my grandfather treasured, and others. Take them all and sell them.

The two of them packed up their things for sale and went out in the morning light. To walk in the town, Lu Jing's footsteps would take one and a half hours, and Xue Yun would have to walk for two hours.

Taking an ox cart is much faster. Uncle Zhao in the village drives an ox cart. He sets out every morning and returns from the town in the afternoon.

Lu Jing thought the bullock cart was crowded, and had never been in the town before. It's just that Brother Yun looked sleepy, it should be that Lu Jing hadn't recovered from yesterday's experience, so Lu Jing decided to go by bullock cart.

When they reached the entrance of the village, there were already five or six people sitting in the ox cart, all of whom brought home-grown vegetables or saved eggs to sell in the town, and Liu Guihua and Zhou Shi were among them.

As soon as the figures of the two appeared, there was a whisper in the car. Liu Guihua and Zhou frowned in the lawsuit, and they couldn't hide their gossip. When the two sat down, they couldn't help but ask, " Brother Yun, are you staying at Lu Hunter's house?"

The ox carts cost two cents each, and the two of them had a lot of stuff, and they paid an extra penny for the seat fee. Brother Yun fought to give the money, and Lu Jing didn't compete with him, and just sat down with a sigh of relief, when she heard an annoying voice from the side.

Before he could reply, Lu Jing took over the conversation: "Old Doctor Xue entrusted me to take care of Brother Yun when he was dying. I was afraid that something might happen to him living alone, so I took him to live with me." Some words made

Yun It's not appropriate for my brother to say anything. Lu Jing's words are moral, and others dare not speak too harshly on the surface.

As expected, Liu Guihua stopped her sneer, and turned to talk about Lu Jing: "Lu Orion's skill is really good, this roe deer is not easy to catch, isn't it? It has to be sold for a lot of money." Lu Jing smiled: "It's just

luck ."

While talking, the ox cart was already full and started off staggeringly.

Zhexi Town is located where a river turns its course, hence the name "Zhexi". Now the world is peaceful, and ordinary people live well.

The two brought things to sell, and paid a penny to enter the city. Lu Jing wanted to sell roe deer and pheasants, and planned to go to the restaurant to ask. Brother Yun wanted to sell medicinal materials, so he had to go to the medical center on South Street.

Brother Yun has a lot of medicinal materials, so Lu Jing asked him to follow her to sell prey first, and then accompany him to sell medicinal materials.

The two walked along the main street, and soon they saw a restaurant——Yuntang Restaurant. At this time, it was still early, and there were no guests seated, so Lu Jing went in directly with the prey.

The shopkeeper was reconciling the account at the counter, and his eyes lit up when he saw the roe deer still alive in Lu Jing's hand.

The meat of the roe deer is firm and full of lean meat. The taste is very good. Some regular customers of the restaurant like this one. Moreover, the roe deer is fresh and can be sold at a higher price.

The shopkeeper took the initiative to say: "Are you here to sell roe deer?" After getting an affirmative answer, he led them to the backyard, and introduced as he walked: "Our restaurant charges 20 cents per catty. Your roe deer is strong, you have to be four or five years old." Ten catties."

In the end, it weighed 52 catties, and the shopkeeper saw that they still had a pheasant, so they also took it together. The pheasant was ten cents a catty, a total of eighty cents, plus the 1040 cents for the roe deer. A total of 1,120 wen, after ordering the money face to face and making the deal, the shopkeeper also

told Lu Jing: "In the future, you can send any prey to our restaurant, and I can eat it." Having made a lot of money, she has a new understanding of Lu Jing's ability to make money. No wonder the house is full of white rice... Lu

Jing freed up her hand to help Brother Yun carry the medicinal materials, and asked Yun to lead the way to the pharmacy.

It was almost noon, and there were many people on the street. Lu Jing looked at the shops on the left and right sides of the street, and made a note of which small restaurant had more people, and planned to come over for lunch after selling the medicinal materials.

It didn't take long to walk to the medical hall. Brother Yun had dealt with old doctor Xue and the medical hall before, went in and found a familiar medicine boy to explain his purpose, and then took out the medicinal materials he brought for identification and weighing.

Some of these medicinal materials were prepared by Old Doctor Xue with Brother Yun to the mountain to pick them up, and some of them were medicines that were hard to find or not available on the mountain here.

The doctor in charge, Dr. Wang, heard that the old doctor Xue had passed away, and Brother Yun could not practice medicine so he came to sell the medicinal materials. Tell Brother Yun that if he gathers the medicine and prepares it, he can sell it to them.

Brother Yun was very grateful, thinking that his grandfather was still protecting him after he passed away, tears welled up in his eyes and tried to hold back, thanked him again and again, and walked out of the hospital.

Seeing that his eyes were red, Lu Jing knew that what he said just now should have reminded him of old Doctor Xue, so he changed the subject and said: "On the way here, I saw a restaurant called 'He's Restaurant' which is doing very well. I think it tastes good, let's go to this place for lunch."

Brother Yun's stomach also started to growl, and he looked up to see that the sun was past noon, usually they would go to the noodle shop to eat a bowl of noodles or buy some at noon when they came to town Baozi Mantou went to the tea shop to drink a pot of tea and dismissed it. When he heard Lu Jing's suggestion, he didn't object, and obediently followed.

The two walked into the restaurant together, and Lu Jing asked Brother Yun's taste and ordered two stir-fried vegetables and one soup.

Brother Yun saw that Lu Jing was satisfied with the meal, and after looking at the dishes on the table, he knew how to cook them himself, so he planned to write them down and make them for Lu Jing in the future.

The meal cost 80 Wen, but Brother Yun insisted on paying half of it.

After eating, the two went to the street to buy. There was not much salt at home. Brother Yun bought a jar of salt for 20 Wen, and bought some spices for cooking for 60 Wen. Cooking for Lu Jing, he gritted his teeth and bought three catties of pork suet for forty-five renminbi, and put them into the medicinal basket and covered them.

Lu Jing needs to buy two cotton-padded clothes and a winter quilt for the winter. The combined price is not low. Now that it is still hot, he plans to sell the prey next time and buy them all together, so he only bought a box of tooth powder.

After shopping, the two went back to Uncle Zhao's car and waited. Many people were still strolling around the town.

Halfway through the application time, the bullock cart was full, and finally set off from the town and walked back. Everyone watched the two people's backpacks were full to go and return, and they didn't know whether they had sold something or not.

Liu Guihua wanted to open it to have a look, but Lu Jing put the basket in front of her to protect her, but she didn't have the guts to stretch out her hand. After some round-the-clock inquiring, she didn't get the desired result, so she walked aside embarrassingly.

When the two arrived home, they cooked porridge for dinner, and the hot weather couldn't put the meat in. Brother Yun boiled pork suet while it was still dark, and the boiled oil residue was also a good dish.

The two drank the porridge with oil residue and pickles, and then washed and rested.

Brother Yun counted the money in the room by the moonlight. Today, he sold medicine and got nine taels of silver. Before the family had a funeral, he had five taels of silver left. He spent one hundred and twenty-five taels of lard for seasoning. Eight hundred and seventy-five texts.

He wrapped the money separately and hid it. He put ten coins in his head and hid it under the quilt, so he wouldn't move it easily.

The rest are used as usual flowers and put in the box I brought.

I was tired from going to town today, Brother Yun was lying on the bed thinking about tomorrow's plan and fell into a dream.