Chapter 10 Rumors

One autumn rain and one cold.

There was a light rain just after entering the winter moon, and the temperature was significantly lower. Brother Yun rubbed his hands, picked up the knife and continued chopping firewood. The weather is cold, so we need to save more firewood for the winter.

Today he processed the medicinal materials at home and did not go up the mountain. After processing the medicinal materials, he went out to chop firewood.

He had already changed into quilted clothes, but his hands were exposed, and he would still get stiff from the cold after a long time.

Seeing that the cutting was almost done, Brother Yun piled the chopped firewood together and tied them with hemp rope. The two ends of the hemp rope were left free for him to pull the firewood onto his back.

The firewood was a little longer than his height, covering his whole body when he put it on his back, and he had to bend down to move forward with his back on his back. From a distance, it looked like a pile of firewood hanging in the air and walking forward.

Fortunately, the place where the firewood was cut was on the mountainside, and I arrived home after half a minute's walk. Even so, Brother Yun was sweating profusely from exhaustion.

After entering the yard, he piled the firewood by the side wall of the main house, took out a handkerchief and wiped his sweat, and then went into the stove room to scoop up a bowl of boiled water to drink.

Everyone in the village drinks raw water, and no one wants to waste firewood to boil water for drinking. It's just that Lu Jing never drinks raw water, so he keeps boiling water at home, and he drinks it too.

Sweating profusely, and his body became hot, and with all his strength, he took the knife to chop bamboo again.

Occasionally, Lu Jing would go down the mountain after dark, and Brother Yun was very worried when he didn't wait for him for dinner for the first time. Seeing that it was getting dark, he was afraid that something would happen to Lu Jing, and was about to ask the village chief to help him get people into the mountain, when Lu Jing came back with his prey on his back.

After that, brother Yun also persuaded Lu Jing to go down the mountain early, because it was dangerous at night, he only said that he was good at kung fu, and he was not afraid of these things.

Brother Yun didn't dare to persuade him any more, for he was afraid that talking too much would cause annoyance.

It's just that the mountain road is rugged, and it's hard to tell the direction at night. Brother Yun plans to make a lantern and hang it at the door. If Lu Jing returns late, he will light the lantern to illuminate the direction for him to go home.

The bamboo forest is in the north of the village. Brother Yun was walking north along the river, but he ran into Brother Xi on the way.

Brother Xi wanted to play with Liu Xiaonian, and walked closer from the river, but he didn't expect to meet Brother Yun.

Before Li Yuan went to look for Brother Yun, he was still waiting at the foot of the mountain for more than half an hour, but he was seen by someone with a bad mouth. Go through the door. Under the big tree at the entrance of the village, everyone was winking and gossiping. Mrs. Wang had already returned from her mother's house. Hearing this, she

sneered, "You're such a coquette, you can even hook up with the only boy in the village."

Liuxi at the entrance of the village said loudly: "Some people are looking forward to it all day long, and the whole family is diligent, but they are still not as good as them. How pitiful." She said she was pitiful, but her face was full of gloating

.

Liu Xi was so angry that she fell on her back, and was about to rush forward with a stride, but was held tightly by her sister Liu Yan who was next to her.

Liu Xi was dragged to the side of the small river, his chest heaved with anger, and he got angry at Liu Yan: "What are you pulling me for? Let me tear the mouth of that scumbag!" Liu Yan didn't want to bother him either

, But his bad reputation will also affect him, and being yelled at by him at this time also aroused his anger.

"There are so many aunts and uncles sitting there. You, a brother who has not left the court, go up and fight with others, and you can pass it to the next village in the afternoon. If you don't want fame, I will want it." Liu Xi calmed down after hearing this

. Come down, he is not a brainless person, but he was so angry with Wang's words just now that he was dazzled, and he almost did something wrong.

His anger subsided, and he showed a little panic again: "Sister Yan, what they said is all false, how could my cousin fall in love with him?" Liu Yan was originally dissatisfied with Li Yuan, who was helping his family, because the money in the family was short

. , when she gets married, the dowry will be less, and Li Yuan's desire to marry someone else is exactly what she wants.

She pretended to be worried but added fuel to the flames: "It's all been seen, I'm afraid it's true."

Liuxi was confused, they were going to wash the clothes, but at this time they didn't wash the clothes, and hurried back home.

Wang Jinmei was cooking pig food at home. She was puzzled to see the two of them come back suddenly, but after hearing what they said, she threw the spoon that stirred the pig food angrily, and yelled, "What a good Li Yuan! We treat him as a son-in-law for sacrifice." He reads, how dare he come up with other ideas?"

She turned to Liu Xi and said, "Mother, go to your aunt and ask about the situation, don't go out at home and listen to those nonsense."

Liu Xi nodded.

In fact, he was skeptical, thinking that someone was making a rumor. But he remembered that his cousin had inquired about Brother Yun's life before, and he felt uneasy.

He comforted himself in his heart: No, my cousin won't fall in love with others, my cousin likes me... No...

Wang Jinmei walked towards Li Yuan's house aggressively.

Wang Jinju was doing embroidery work at home. The head of her family went to work in the town three years ago and was crushed to death by a beam. Fortunately, the head of the family gave five taels of silver as compensation.

It's just that the family lacks a strong labor force, and it is very difficult for her, a woman in the village, to support Li Yuan to study.

Fortunately, her son was upbeat and coaxed Brother Xi to obey him. Because of this relationship, the younger sister's family often helped his family, so Li Yuan was able to continue studying.

At this time, Wang Jinju saw her younger sister coming to the door, and she just thought she was visiting relatives. Usually, she would bring things with her when she came here, so she was a little puzzled when she saw that her hands were empty.

She put down her embroidery work with a smile and went forward, "My sister is here, come in and sit down."

Wang Jinmei sneered, "No need, I came here just to ask your good son if the matter with Brother Yun is true "

Wang Jinju saw that her attitude was cold, with a hint of anger on her face, so she knew something was wrong.

When she heard Wang Jinmei mention Brother Yun, her heart skipped a beat. He still remembered that Li Yuan had asked her about Brother Yun's life experience before. This time when Xiu Mu came back and heard about Brother Yun, his expression was not quite right. He went out again at noon yesterday. I came back in the evening, and when I came back, my face was so ugly that I asked him nothing.

Thinking back and forth, Yuan'er didn't really do something stupid, right?

Wang Jinmei saw that her face changed when she heard Brother Yun, and she was even more sure that there must be something wrong here, so she shouted loudly into the room: "Li Yuan, are you still going to come out and explain clearly?"