Astraphobia

Do you know what Astraphobia is? I do. It's the extreme fear of thunder and lightning. Guess what? I headcanon that Lloyd has Astraphobia. Especially after season 5, because it reminds him of Morro. I think that Lloyd doesn't really mind Jay's lightning, but it still scares him. When it's thundering, he often curls up under a blanket, pulls it over his head, and cuddles with people. At least, he would if they knew. He didn't tell anyone because he was afraid of admitting he was weak, so he cuddles with stuffed animals. Also, this is PLATONIC Greenflame. I felt like changing it up a little.

Lloyd's P.o.v.

A bright light illuminates my room from the outside, and I whimper quietly.  I clutch my stuffed animal closer, anticipation growing inside my gut. 

Boom!

I let out a muffled scream, covering my mouth with the blanket. Hot tears roll down my face as flashbacks of Morro overcome me. 

"Ha! Do you really think they care? They left you to die! Why would they have a reason to care about the abused kid from Darkley's?"

I cover my ears, trying in vain to block out the noises.

"Trying to fight me? This will teach you!" I watch in horror as Morro forces me to watch myself in the mirror. I've lost so much weight, you can see my ribs through my tattered shirt. Morro holds out one arm, raising the other high. I whimper as he drops it suddenly, the knife glittering in the dim light. I scream as it cuts my wrist. I beg him to stop as he laughs.

"No, I don't think I will. I only need you alive, not in good health." He taunts.

So I watch with horror as he cuts multiple times on each wrist, promising it will only get worst if I try to escape again.

Whimpering, I hug the blanket. My mind flashes through more images. When Morro showed me the others were injured, or lying on the floor, dead (which I now know was fake, but after being under his demand for so long, and being punished for stupid stuff, such as getting two more minutes of sleep than he wanted, I don't think I could even tell you my name). I want to get this off my chest, but no one could help me. Morro made sure of that.

"The green ninja, admitting to weakness? Sensei wouldn't like that, would he? No, the green ninja can't be weak. That's like saying a river can be dry, or the desert flooded. It simply can't happen. But, it did. Which proves I should be the green ninja!"

I need to talk to someone. I'm climbing out of bed when another flash brightens my room. I try to brace myself, but the next boom still sends me to the ground in a panic. When my panic clears, I hurriedly stand. Wrapping the blanket over me, I hold the stuffed animal against my chest. Once, I evaluate that the blanket completely covers every part of me, I walk out of the room and down to Kai's. I knock gently, tensing when thunder roars. 

"Come in," Kai's singsongy voice calls. I stumble in, shutting the door behind me.

"Heya, Lloyd! Wanna watch a movie?" He asks. I don't say anything, staring at the floor. This was stupid. I should just leave now and fake sleepwalking.

"Lloyd?" He asks. I look up and see him watching me. Fresh tears are rolling down my face. He stands, looking like he wants to hug me. I cover my mouth, tears falling faster. Another boom of thunder and I let out a quiet, muffled, petrified scream. He wraps me in a hug, rubbing my back through the blanket. I let him lead me to the bed. He sits me down and slides under the blanket.  I lean against him. 

"What's wrong?"

"T-The storm. It's s-scaring me."

"It's scaring you?"

"Mhm,"

"Okay, buddy." He rubs my arm, and I focus on it. When thunder sounds again, I hug his arm as tightly as I can manage.

"Why is it scaring you?"

"M-Morro."

"It reminds you of Morro, doesn't it?" I give a weak nod. "Oh, Lloyd. I didn't even think about that." 

"It's okay. It's not your fault I have astraphobia."

"What's that?"

"The fear of thunder and lightning."

"Is that why you disappear before you fight Jay when we train our elements?"

"Yeah," I'm finally starting to calm down.

Boom!

"Hey it's okay," Kai comforts me as I whine. Closing my eyes, I press my head against his shoulder. He drapes an arm over my shoulders and lets me cry.

"K-Kai? C-Can I sleep with you tonight?" I stutter, blushing brightly.

"Absolutely. Don't ever feel like you can't ask. I'll away let you sleep with me. You know that."

"I know, but still."

Kai's P.o.v.

I lay him down and stand up. He watches me turn off the lights, whimpering as lightning flashes. I cross the room and sit next to him.

Boom!

He whines and clutches me.

"Hold on, bud."

With wide eyes, he watches me grab something from my drawer and plug it into the wall.

"Tada! A nightlight! I kept Nya's old one. I had a feeling it would be useful..."

I lay down and let him slide over. He crawls onto my chest and uses it as a pillow. I hold him to me, whispering in his ear when he jerks.

"You okay?"

"No! Morro! H-He's back! He's gonna get me!"

"Hey, you're okay. Morro's gone now." I promise. He sniffles and wraps me in a hug as best as he can. I stroke his hair and watch him fall asleep, mumbling something about Morro.

"Kai? Have you seen Lloyd-? Oh." Nya says, peaking in. "Is he feeling okay?"

"Yeah. He just has astraphobia, I guess."

"What's-?"

"The extreme fear of thunder and lightning."

"Ooooh, that makes sense," She says. "Why didn't we see it sooner?"

"I don't think he wanted us to know. Do him a favor and don't tell anyone, okay? If the others ask, just say he had a temp."

"Deal. Let me know if you need anything."

"Got it,"

She leaves quietly. Lloyd stirs before relaxing. 

"Alright, Lloydie. Let's get some sleep." I whisper, falling asleep. He smiles as I gently place a kiss on his head. I close my eyes and let myself fall asleep, rubbing his back. Even after I'm asleep, I don't stop.