𝘙𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥

"Silly me, expecting to much
from people again."
— Unknown

✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷

SILAS IS IN THE KITCHEN IN Kreese's apartment. He puts the bread that was in the toaster down again before moving to crack eggs in the pain. He turns his head when he hears footsteps now in the kitchen.

"I'm making eggs, you want?" Silas asks the grown man.

"Depends." Kreese responds. "How's the eggs being made?"

"If you're gonna be difficult, you won't get any." Silas cracks two eggs in the pan. "Eggs are eggs."

"Eggs are eggs." Kreese mocks, jokingly. "I'll take them fried."

"You would've gotten them that way either way." Silas says as Kreese chuckles, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

The two are in the middle of small talk until the sound of  Silas's phone rings. He passes Kreese the spatula before he goes over to his charge and answer the phone, bringing up to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi. This is an incoming call from Robby Keene from the Reseda juvenile detention center. Hit one if you would like to answer, hit two if you want to hang—."

Silas didn't need to be told twice, before the voice audio could finish, he quickly hung up not giving it the chance to say another word. Kreese raises an eyebrow at him.

"What?" Silas raises an eyebrow back, acting like his heart was beating rapidly.

"Was that Hawk?" Kreese asks, sipping on his coffee.

"No, why would you think what was Hawk?" Silas tilts his head at Kreese.

"You guys have been spending every day together, that's why." Kreese retorts, eyeing the boy that didn't deny his statement. Kreese smirks slightly. "Oh, don't tell me it was lover boy."

Silas doesn't respond, only grabs the spatula out of Kreese's hand and moves to put the eggs on their plates. Kreese leans against the counter. "What'd he say?"

Silas only shrugs as he now goes to butter his toast. Kreese groans. "You couldn't wait to hear what he had to say?"

"He didn't wait to hear what I had to say before he broke up with me." Silas snaps.

"Fair." Kreese shrugs. "But aren't you just wondering what he has to say? I know you enough by now to know that you're gonna be thinking about it all day."

"Nope, I'm good." Silas lies through his teeth. "So, um, anyway, I have a doctors appointment to go to."

"You didn't even eat everything." Kreese points to his plate.

Silas gives him a grin as his phone buzzes. "You can have it and that's H-."

"Hawk." Kreese finishes for him. "Your one and only companion, who is helping you with your redemption arc."